Flinny

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Priced one a while back but i didnt get it i must of been tooooooooooooooooooooooo dear :( but finished one a couple of weeks back which turned out nice but still prefer sand and cement.

the thing i find with sand and cement is that it doesnt look as good painted. I prefer a bit of texture there just to make the surface appear more solid with a colour on.
Not a big K rend fan meself though.

Yeh i agree it does look nicer but i know where im upto with sand and cement but suppose thats coz ive got more experience with it.

Yeh i agree it does look nicer but i know where im upto with sand and cement but suppose thats coz ive got more experience with it.

Gotta agree there , ive done a few K Rend jobs now and i,m still not totally happy with it where as with sand and cement i know how its going to behave . The last Krend job they wanted smooth , so we floated it up , wasnt keen on finish but client was happy . i suppose the more you do the easier it gets

I think with any monochouse gear over 20 m2 you need the machine . Rendering ok until you paint it and depends what colour paint darker colours the better.

I done me neighbours I thought it was spot on know its painted it doesn't even need the sun to show up blemishes lol

The moderator things a curse as soon as someone becomes a mod it's as if they disappear ......church used to be a right laugh ....where is he anyway?

Render has become more about aesthetics when you look how many systems of it is out there. I also think sand + cement rendering is a loose term used
nowdays with plasterers having very little understanding how it should be done. Most of it is down to dab and dot taking away the skill of rendering.
What I have seen is they think they can palm any grade of sand onto the maket ,call it rendering sand with no real understanding what is a good grade
of sand for rendering . And I mean the buyer at BQ and wicks etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.