fkin electricians

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterroberts

boarded a ceiling yesterday electrician coming out today to cut holes for the spot lights im supposed to be going in later to give it a skim, 9 spots supposed to be going in, when i get ther thers 15 holes in the ceiling so asked the customer if hes decided to have more lights, oh no says the customer the electrician could remember where he had to cut out made a few mistakes but says you would be able to put it right, oh boy i cant wait to see him on monday what a prick

sorry for the rant had to get it out the system

You could fix that in less than ten minutes though, annoying yes but hardly pissing in your tea type of thing, I have had them like squirrels on crack going through walls and ceilings, just done a load of work on two big houses, now they have to put an alarm system through both houses for building control, holes everywhere next week ,it bothers me not a tot,the customer will be billed a fortune ,upto the builder and customer to sort that rubicon, I will simply fix it when I am asked,don't let the little things get to you pal, you will and probably have come across much worse, its just when I am tired that I get annoyed with the silly stuff.

I hate skimming lids with spots cut out already... that dollop of muck that always ends up down the back of your arm... Perfect!

Danny

I also hate electricians... Not met a nice one yet... My future father in law is one and he is a full on ****

unibond the bare edges of the board in the cuts
stops it drying quick and reduces the chance of yer finish looking like the effing red arrows have just flown by

here to help

boarded a ceiling yesterday electrician coming out today to cut holes for the spot lights im supposed to be going in later to give it a skim, 9 spots supposed to be going in, when i get ther thers 15 holes in the ceiling so asked the customer if hes decided to have more lights, oh no says the customer the electrician could remember where he had to cut out made a few mistakes but says you would be able to put it right, oh boy i cant wait to see him on monday what a prick

sorry for the rant had to get it out the system
Had this happen before but I had skimmed the ceiling now that pisses you off like everyone says you just charge more

What kind of a dick doesnt make a plan first. Its not hard is it. He has to work it out while hes putting the wires in so just write it down

Another thing gets on me tits is when they leave the cables about 10ft long ... Snip snip
Doing a new house a moment dabbing walls were light switch boxes are next to frames they have not chopped boxes in so they are sticking out past boards they are grinding them down after its plastered joke

Another thing gets on me tits is when they leave the cables about 10ft long ... Snip snip
Always cut them really sort if that happens and don't clean boxes out its even better if they have written on end of cables that pisses them off f..k um

Always cut them really sort if that happens and don't clean boxes out its even better if they have written on end of cables that pisses them off f..k um
We worked at a large house with boxes every where and the cables hanging 2 foot out of them all so 1 of the lads kept cutting about 8" of the end of 1 wire in each box and putting it in another box in another room and have them sitting out the same length as the others! The spark would have fun 2nd fixing that house:RpS_thumbsup:

We worked at a large house with boxes every where and the cables hanging 2 foot out of them all so 1 of the lads kept cutting about 8" of the end of 1 wire in each box and putting it in another box in another room and have them sitting out the same length as the others! The spark would have fun 2nd fixing that house:RpS_thumbsup:
builder we use to work for use to say to wronges dont make a wright

John said it all in his relpy really one way or another it has to be done and someone has to pay for it just make sure it is not you!

i always scrim over the holes with 3 short lengths of scrim and set right over them..just put a small mark with ya trowel if u cant see were they are..it usualy sags a tad so u know where they are
soon as youve last troweled and the stuffs still soft enough trim round with a stanley
stops the dry stuff being dragged and also gettin big blobs in the eye

builder we use to work for use to say to wronges dont make a wright
The lad that did it knew the spark well so it was a bit of craic. The spark said he didn't know what was going on when he went back to 2nd fix but could see the funny side of it. He also said he would try to put the wires in the box in future but couldn't promise:rolleyes)

The lad that did it knew the spark well so it was a bit of craic. The spark said he didn't know what was going on when he went back to 2nd fix but could see the funny side of it. He also said he would try to put the wires in the box in future but couldn't promise:rolleyes)
Must be murders working in Ireland with all the wind up,merchants.

Always tell them to cut the holes after we've skimmed. Filling them I screw a bit of tile lathe across the hole and screw a bit of board to it.
Hate bloody wires hanging out of boxes especially when I'm floating/rendering as you can't rule it off properly.

Do not really see the issue wit the holes being there 1st, just glide round with your trowel and cut out at the end, simples.

((DON'T MESS WITH SPARKS)))
Last year working for a builder the sparks was on site doing there thing.
After making a mess of all the chases and boxes leaving cables 3ft out of every box holes and anywhere else payback time
i got on site early to skim some lids to catch up.
cables hanging allover the place I went round cutting the cables back and pocking them back in......wait for it.......

BANG I found a live one tripped the electrics no lights not power for the whisk anything and fked my snips :RpS_cursing:

Bloody Plasterers..............:RpS_mad:

Finally get around to changing a couple of light fittings and switches (several years of nagging and reminders.... bank holiday weekend and all that...) Take the old ones off and find that the existing cables are almost cut flush with the socket and ceiling.... Bloody Plasterers!!

....hang on.... have I posted this on the wrong forum....:RpS_blushing: LOL

Own up - who plastered houses in NE Northants late 70's.......... Grump...?

.... I have a feeling I will either get banned.... or have a **** on my doorstep in the morning now..... :RpS_scared::RpS_laugh::RpS_crying:

LOL

What part or is it all over, my mob are Laois based,
We are in the north here. Things still quite but slowly showing signs of getting better. We are busier this year than last. House prices went up in Dublin last quarter for the 1st time in a few years. Still down else where but hopefully at the bottom and going up. Hope your 1s are kept busy.

how many of you have done a reskim to be told there is no live wires in the sockets first coat straight over one and bang an aching right arm for the rest of the day bldy electricians making my private jobs dangerous

We are in the north here. Things still quite but slowly showing signs of getting better. We are busier this year than last. House prices went up in Dublin last quarter for the 1st time in a few years. Still down else where but hopefully at the bottom and going up. Hope your 1s are kept busy.
All my cousins in Laois left for Australia ,working the mines in Perth,my brother in law is busy building all over Ireland still. Gets fit outs and new builds from McDonald's ,very competitive as you would imagine but steady enough.my nephews in Laois are busy electrical and plumbing but getting paid is a real pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.