Fixing cornice help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

I have a job come in fixing a basic plaster cornice around a plasterboard room.i am not doing it on my own working with another plasterer but was just seeking some advice or good tips.he says stick it up with cove adhesive,cut mitres tight and make good with the adhesive,draw a line to work to and put nails on the line for additional support,and screw cornice up for extra support does that method sound good cheers for any advice appreciate it

the way we fix solid plaster cornice. we have always used ceramic tile adhesive.
we cut a template about 18 inches long, with two internals, we cut the internal angle on the cornice, pushing together with the template until it is a good angle.put a pencil line on the cornice to be fitted, place nails up to the line. carry on around the room. when you hit an external, cut the externals and push together. no template. the cornice will be held by nails fixed to both ceiling and walls. leave to next day ,make good all joints , ceiling lines, wall lines with gyproc cove adhesive.
we would only screw a huge cornice

I use fibre fix and screw as well, butter up the mitres ,push together and let it ooz out,while that's picking up clean your wall and ceiling line and screw holes by that time ready to stop in your mitres with a joint rule.

Last edited:
Tile adhesive and screws just to be safe and don't forget to key the wall with a stanley knife.

Hello finally on the cornice work keying wall and fixing with herculite fiberfix all going well just wondering is herculite ok to make good mitres with as always used casting on fibrous work or is there something I can easily buy which is better cheers ian

Hello finally on the cornice work keying wall and fixing with herculite fiberfix all going well just wondering is herculite ok to make good mitres with as always used casting on fibrous work or is there something I can easily buy which is better cheers ian

Just finished two rooms fixing a big Victorian cornice with fibrefix ,yea you can make good with it,we'll at least to about 90 percent ,depending how close you got your mitres .

Finished cornice job that herculite is spot on for fixing bit tricky for making good next time will defo use casting for making good cheers for advice again

Status
Not open for further replies.