Fixing angle bead

Members online

realtek

Hi,

I'm fitting my angle beads soon ready for a skim onto plasterboard this weekend.

How do you guys normally fix them? I was taught to nail them but can you use drywall screws? I had a look and as the screw head is tapered I think it might stick out too much, unless it pulled in when you screw it in.

Also, do you normally cover the corner with plaster or leave the metal edge exposed and just paint over it?

Cheers

I Usually set them with skim, though can nail them or some even staple them. And work into the bead, leave the edge exposed.

Hook on beads are ace, probably my best find since I started

30mm clout nails I normally use. I have a box of hook on from R&J waiting to try on next job.

Cheers guys, nails will probably be it. Like the idea of staples though, if using staples do they have to be galvanised (if such thing exists) or just ordinary? And I won't be shooting out to whsmiths :)

never heard of hook on beads but sound good!

Cheers guys, nails will probably be it. Like the idea of staples though, if using staples do they have to be galvanised (if such thing exists) or just ordinary? And I won't be shooting out to whsmiths :)

never heard of hook on beads but sound good!
We use Stanley staples which the best 1s..if people used staples compared to nails there wud never go bk to nails

Good quality stapler , buy 5000 Stanley staples of Amazon , you'll never look back [emoji106]

Ye pal just bang loads in either side of bead and scrim the angle b4 you put bead on..u wud not believe how quicker it is

Do you normally wack scrim tape on the corners before you put the beads on then?

Last edited:
Staples are OK on pboard but on reskims clout nails work a treat...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Do you normally wack scrim tape on the corners before you put the beads on then?
Yes as the corner is still a joint..its still 2 boards butted up to each other..extra security but depends which builder we r doing job for as we always get accused of eating the scrim and there moaning of having to buy more so our motto now is fck u then I wont scrim the angles b4 beads go on

Djr and ritch instead of disagreeing y dont you put a input in u re***ds? Have u clowns ever used a staple gun?

Clout on what ever I can. Over skims on old beadless angles can be a c**t, so use short clouts, panel pins, or give up and stick them with plaster or gripfill sort of things. Generally scrim over either side of the bead too.

Nails. At a pinch, board adhesive. At another pinch grip fill/pink grip or any fast bond tubed adhesive. Hook ons work best on well fitted board, on crap stuff you'll still need to nail em.imo

Clout on what ever I can. Over skims on old beadless angles can be a c**t, so use short clouts, panel pins, or give up and stick them with plaster or gripfill sort of things. Generally scrim over either side of the bead too.
Hook ons are really good for old formed corners as long as the plaster hasnt perished to much and they got something solid to grip on to

Wat onto plasterboard? The guy has asked wats best fixing for beads onto plasterboard y do people come bk with adesive and gripp fill etc?
Its cos we're all drunk as skunks @kitchy(y):birra:

There's about every answer under the sun here . Clouts for me. On reskims I'll dab them with finish or easi fill 20 with dirty water.

Can't believe no ones suggested blutak, I've been putting beads on with blutak for years and never had a call back