fixing a bad rendering job

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
I was rendering in Earls court last year and I was asked to look at a job across the road, seemingly it had been rendered(little courtyard ) and some areas had blown, it had then been patched but it looked just that a rendered series of walls with patches which is not the desired look . I had only two solutions myself hack it off and re do, second one, scud it with s/c/ sbr then re coat but As I don't know the background mix ie strength of mix ,whether additives ie waterproofer used etc to ascertain the drying time. In the end I did not want to do it as a simple solution was not apparent to me. It had been painted white with masonry paint...any ideas ,what would you have done?

I'd hack it off john , if bits have blown already , ya cud put ur stuff on spot on and it could all blow off still only as gd as the last lads have done there's really ? If there's goes urs comes with it ?

I have a gable to do which never used to be a gable used to be a terracedhouse , till boom gas explosion a few houses down , now it is a gable lol its been done 6 yeats a go in 2 half bottom half no water proofer or mayb a lil bit . . . I'm hacking all that off gunna be a nightmare , better than the customer ringing up cos sumits went rong , and yes the builder who had the contract 6 years a go is bust , poor woman who's house it is !

You should have found out what finish they want or push them towards thin coat its all doable

You should have found out what finish they want or push them towards thin coat its all doable
I had not the knowledge other than I first posted here, hated walking away from it, but you know when someone has paid once and its been ruined you do wonder how much they were willing to pay to put it right, the finish required was a smooth render finish,sponge type but all looking equal..

Either hack off or screw on rib lath ,if they didn't want to pay for either I would of walked away as we'll. I agree with you as we'll John that if they have paid once they might be looking for a sucker to claw some of their money back

Its simple as your render is only as good as what its gone over. so if its coming off now, it will come off just the same when you've gone over the top. So take it back to the brick work and start again. But try to find out why its coming off now and to stop it coming off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.