Fist time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivor

So had a go on my machine for the first time yesterday spraying OCR and what a disaster i had ended up laying on by hand, I blocked the hose after the first 10mtrs couldn't unblock it couldn't get it goin after that so cleaned out started again after a hour started spraying again was like piss so changed water settings and still like piss It then dawned one that I have not got a clue what I'm doing so cleaned out and back in the van it went was gutted but for the first 10mtrs had is spot on And saw how good itsgoing to be when I know what I'm doing any advice would be appreciate cheers . It's a Eze k4 by the way

go for a training day with one of the firms off the forum who sell machines, i think they both do training days whether you brought your machine off them or not

So had a go on my machine for the first time yesterday spraying OCR and what a disaster i had ended up laying on by hand, I blocked the hose after the first 10mtrs couldn't unblock it couldn't get it goin after that so cleaned out started again after a hour started spraying again was like piss so changed water settings and still like piss It then dawned one that I have not got a clue what I'm doing so cleaned out and back in the van it went was gutted but for the first 10mtrs had is spot on And saw how good itsgoing to be when I know what I'm doing any advice would be appreciate cheers . It's a Eze k4 by the way
Were you working of the water mains , or out of a water barrel using the water pump ?

I'm going back up to one stop on Monday as I had training when I bought the machine but when I got half way down the m5 I forgot everything so I'm going to take a pen and paper its only little things as I he was on speed dail that day, but I was still very impressed with the machine its a hell of lot quicker and easier than hand balling .

When in your training video the set up then you always you have it in your pocket as a check list or reference.
Been there and quite stressful with all eyes on you hope you cleaned your hose out!!

Getting the set up correct on any machine is essential, do it the right way and machine will sing and dance all day long, get it wrong or start cutting corners and it will shatter your dreams, videoing the training is good advice a lot of my customers do that, if you blocked the pipes chances are you either didnt wet them or you set the material to stiff, biggest thing people do is not allow the material time to adjust, they start dropping the water as soon as it starts flowing, let the material run for a few seconds and you will soon see that its probably not far off how you want it

Most material needs to be pissy.we get a good bucket out first for reveals.this way you can get a feel for the gear
When I bought my ritmo I had a step by step guard sheet printed off to use for set up of machine.this helps a lot.

Most material needs to be pissy.we get a good bucket out first for reveals.this way you can get a feel for the gear
When I bought my ritmo I had a step by step guard sheet printed off to use for set up of machine.this helps a lot.
Please don't tell me you get a hawk dirty to lay reveals on bobby, I expected better from you.

We have all been there Ivor and most of us have forgot the training by time we have got home.

Look at youtube for guideance and ask on here. Setting up is the key. Prime the mixing zone right and lube your pipes. Start off too wet and turn the water down, what most of us do is get the R&S turning out gear that we are used to by hand application. It is too stiff. It needs to be wetter than hand application to spray.

When in your training video the set up then you always you have it in your pocket as a check list or reference.
Been there and quite stressful with all eyes on you hope you cleaned your hose out!!
Could not get the gear out the hose it was blocked real bad I gave up trying to get it out when I saw my mate had some 10mm plastic pipe what the plumbers use so stuck a house pipe on the end and shoved it down the hose it cleared it a treat so keep that in my van from now on .

Attachments

• Fist time
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 385
Could not get the gear out the hose it was blocked real bad I gave up trying to get it out when I saw my mate had some 10mm plastic pipe what the plumbers use so stuck a house pipe on the end and shoved it down the hose it cleared it a treat so keep that in my van from now on .

Get a purge pipe. PFT Northern keep them in stock.

We're you taught to use the motar pressure gauge at the front of the machine.
when the material is pumping it should be shown
10 bar if u have 10mts hose
15 bar if u have 15 mts hose
20 bar if u have 20 mts hose

Do u see the pattern

I'm going back up to one stop on Monday as I had training when I bought the machine but when I got half way down the m5 I forgot everything so I'm going to take a pen and paper its only little things as I he was on speed dail that day, but I was still very impressed with the machine its a hell of lot quicker and easier than hand balling .

Hi Ivor,

Guessing you have re arranged training with Andy? Will get you back up and running tomorrow when you come in mate. Its a learning curve with machines and patience is your best friend and the start.

We can go over everything as many times as you want tomorrow mate.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.