First Time - Plastering bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevincharles

Ive stripped the bathroom walls back to bare bricks and repointed.

The walls are all uneven.

After googling, it seems I need to cement/sharp sand render first (as its a bathroom with moisture/mould possibilites, so dont use bonding).

Is this correct?

If so, do I pva first?

what ratio sharp sand/cement?

MORE QUESTIONS TO FOLLOW

After googling, it seems I need to cement/sharp sand render first (as its a bathroom with moisture/mould possibilites, so dont use bonding).

Is this correct?

If so, do I pva first?

MORE QUESTIONS TO FOLLOW
:popcorn:

MY QUESTION.Why don't you hire a local plasterer to do this work for you?,pay him well and thank him when he's finished?.

Some people like the challenge... fair play to be honest. .. I did a loft conversion and needed a chippy... did it all myself...

i dont want to use plasterboard, as a wall hung toilet/system needs bolting to the wall.

I've put trunking in the wall too, to run the sink waste pipe through, and i need to level each wall individually as I do the plumbing and other stuff in between (hence using a plasterer will be too problematic).#

So, can anyone help with the questions please?

i dont want to use plasterboard, as a wall hung toilet/system needs bolting to the wall.

I've put trunking in the wall too, to run the sink waste pipe through, and i need to level each wall individually as I do the plumbing and other stuff in between (hence using a plasterer will be too problematic).#

So, can anyone help with the questions please?

Just do all the plumbing them start to plaster ? Well first fix plumbing ?

Plenty of dabs around the area where its going to be bolted. Itll be absolutely fine. Just use 4/5" screws depending how thick your system is

If your not a plasterer then getting a wall flat and level with s&c isnt going to happen,as beddy says you will be far better with moisture resistant boards either dab them or if you need to hide any awkward pipes you can stud/batten that particular wall out,besides i think you will find it a lot easyer and will make for a better job.

Is this correct?

If so, do I pva first?

MORE QUESTIONS TO FOLLOW

If you started with some please and thank you's you might get somewhere and better advice than you have.
Also sounds like your making everything harder than it needs to be and your very anal about things.
Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.