Fireplace patch over

Members online

Robcobras

Hi, just had a go at plastering over an old fireplace, boxed it all out boarded it and gave it a skim yesterday. (Probably swearing and get told leave to the pros but I couldn't afford the time or money, limited on both). It wasn't a big area 3'*3' I feel like I've done a pretty good job, just wanted to try and polish it up alittle bit as it's getting painted and hidden behind a settee. Can I use easifill to just go over a couple of little scrapes where I caught the trowel and a few not quite made it to the edge bits. I still have a 3/4 bag of multi finish, can that just be made up as a runny mix and put straight onto bare plaster?

I realise I aren't a pro but just hoping for a little advice? I Watched YouTube videos and entered with an open mind

Thank in advance

4AD00367-515F-403E-8466-A97D412AD404.gif

As I said in my original post the area wasnt huge (doubt id have any takers from a plasterer to come and do the work ) and the work I've done I feel is pretty good considering I've never done it before.

I thought to sand high etc just wasn't 100% sure on whether to do other coat of multi purpose or whether other products are better. Im a trier, I like to have a go at things and yes, if I mess it up id hold my hands up and admit I need help.

Thank you for all the posts I really enjoyed doing it and seeing the results don't think I've done too bad.

Thank you for the help

As I said in my original post the area wasnt huge (doubt id have any takers from a plasterer to come and do the work ) and the work I've done I feel is pretty good considering I've never done it before.

I thought to sand high etc just wasn't 100% sure on whether to do other coat of multi purpose or whether other products are better. Im a trier, I like to have a go at things and yes, if I mess it up id hold my hands up and admit I need help.

Thank you for all the posts I really enjoyed doing it and seeing the results don't think I've done too bad.

Thank you for the help

Easifill will be your friend :D Take your time and get plenty of light and it will be ok :D

Hi, just had a go at plastering over an old fireplace, boxed it all out boarded it and gave it a skim yesterday. (Probably swearing and get told leave to the pros but I couldn't afford the time or money, limited on both). It wasn't a big area 3'*3' I feel like I've done a pretty good job, just wanted to try and polish it up alittle bit as it's getting painted and hidden behind a settee. Can I use easifill to just go over a couple of little scrapes where I caught the trowel and a few not quite made it to the edge bits. I still have a 3/4 bag of multi finish, can that just be made up as a runny mix and put straight onto bare plaster?

I realise I aren't a pro but just hoping for a little advice? I Watched YouTube videos and entered with an open mind

Thank in advance
Photos.

Ok so did fireplace then had a pop at this. Coving going round the top and the bottom bits will be shelves for sky box and playstation. Don't think I did too bad a job.

Couple of fiddly bits on the bit where the TV will sit that need a sand down. Couldn't get trowel in without catching.
Wadda ya think.....

IMG_20190115_153111.jpg

Ok so did fireplace then had a pop at this. Coving going round the top and the bottom bits will be shelves for sky box and playstation. Don't think I did too bad a job.

Couple of fiddly bits on the bit where the TV will sit that need a sand down. Couldn't get trowel in without catching.
Wadda ya think.....

View attachment 30867

It's better than your painting.

Haha. That's the door I kept walking with dirty Hands and clothes and its not been painted in 10 years!. Hence the decorating!

No not in the building trade whatsoever, built it from 3x2 studwork and boarded it with square edge board yesterday beaded it and pva'd it yesterday and a coat today then plodded on.

How long should I wait before painting and recoving and skirting etc.

Thanks for the help
Rob