Fire surround

BobbyJack

Multi fuel stove in a fireplace. Tiled on the inside of the fireplace. Boarded and plastered to a stop bead on the front of fireplace. This has cracked along the full bead on both sides assumingly due to heat from the fire. I'm here doing the extension but the owner has asked me to sort this too.

Thinking to remove the stop bead and re set them and scrim onto the board. Alternatively as they have now cracked and possibly settled could the crack simple be filled

Any suggestions so that to what can be done so it doesn't cracked again in the future

It's all been done by the fire fitting firm and the owner has had no joy getting them back

Multi fuel stove in a fireplace. Tiled on the inside of the fireplace. Boarded and plastered to a stop bead on the front of fireplace. This has cracked along the full bead on both sides assumingly due to heat from the fire. I'm here doing the extension but the owner has asked me to sort this too.

Thinking to remove the stop bead and re set them and scrim onto the board. Alternatively as they have now cracked and possibly settled could the crack simple be filled

Any suggestions so that to what can be done so it doesn't cracked again in the future

It's all been done by the fire fitting firm and the owner has had no joy getting them back
The heat is expanding the metal. Will continue to do so , must be quite tight ? Needs a new corner run by hand, Universal Plaster would be my choice, you'll need a decent external corner trowel.

The heat is expanding the metal. Will continue to do so , must be quite tight ? Needs a new corner run by hand, Universal Plaster would be my choice, you'll need a decent external corner trowel.
Can't get a corner trowel on it. One side would run over the tiles and they are the smaller ones that are set at different levels

Will get it at job tomorrow

My fireplace is pointed brickwork with SS stop bead and f and s on front mate. Have noticed a few hairline cracks since I fired up the stove, which I suppose I should expect,but nothing really obvious. Will fill them when I decorate next, but will probably never go away.

1684394222588854191460817662766.jpg