finishing render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flat boy skim

the best way to get a perfict finish on smooth render is to rub it up with a float first and then finish it off with a damp spounge ,does anyone else do it this way ???

I rub it down with a bag full of squirels then finish it by pushing my labourers face in it at random points..............it looks the bollox :)

Bruce Willis said:
Anyone heard of using newspaper to draw the water out?
yes it works well when setting on wet bonding aswell

steve cov said:
nelly, you know what i'm going to ask...how long?

Still waiting on the house sale mate, unless anyone's got 20 grand they dont mind parting with for a short while :)

I could sell my own house and do it but I f*ckin love this house, its a decent sized detached with a 100 foot long garden that ends at a river, which I can fish in...............badly :)

i've seen some lads using newspaper before as i drove past them but never done it myself. dunno how much difference it would make. what area are you in nelly?

steve cov said:
i've seen some lads using newspaper before as i drove past them but never done it myself. dunno how much difference it would make. what area are you in nelly?

Bury, its a suburb of Manchester.

i knew you were manchester but when you said 100ft garden with a river at the end, i thought its not gonna be near the city centre i know!

nelly said:
steve cov said:

u watching the match tonight come on man u ;)

flat boy skim said:
nelly said:
steve cov said:

u watching the match tonight come on man u ;)

Nah I kinda went off footy after united won the treble, like there was no point anymore as they had done it all.

That FC united play at Bury's ground which I can here from my house, I allways thought it might be ok to support them as they have everything to aim for.

ive watched a few vids of fc united on youtube. theyve got a good fanbase for a club that size and some of the chants are quite funny.

steve cov said:
ive watched a few vids of fc united on youtube. theyve got a good fanbase for a club that size and some of the chants are quite funny.

They aparently get bigger crowds than Bury do, which is funny cos they are borrowing Bur'ys ground to play at.!

ive seen it troweled after it was sponged ??? never thought to ask the bloke why he was doing it

next time you guys do a smooth render try one of these ways, first of all rub it up with the float then make sure it is good and firm all over, you can then pat it with the float (this will compact it and give it an even texture) you will need a damp brush to keep cleaning off the face of your float as it will get a build up of sand on it and will need to be kept clean, or you can get a very smooth stone like finish if after you rub it up with the float you go over it with your trowel and then brush it with your flat brush ;)

steve cov said:
ive seen it troweled after it was sponged ??? never thought to ask the bloke why he was doing it
sometimes we trowel after float we cll this a steel float finish used in places that are washed down alot such as stables daires or factores as it gives the render a smothe finish

plaster man said:
steve cov said:
sometimes we trowel after float we cll this a steel float finish used in places that are washed down alot such as stables daires or factores as it gives the render a smothe finish

I gopt bollocked at college for doing that, the tutor said it brings the cement to the surface.

I didnt think it would be that big a deal then and I still dont now.

nelly said:
plaster man said:
steve cov said:

I gopt bollocked at college for doing that, the tutor said it brings the cement to the surface.

I didnt think it would be that big a deal then and I still dont now.

if you go over and over and over it then yes it will bring up water (cement coloured water) and i supose this could cause suction between your trowel and the sand & cement possibly pulling it off the wall. when i trowel it i just give it one quick hard DRY trowel, then a quick brush all over ;)

Render Systems said:
i have used newspaper to draw water out and always use dry sponge to finish with
this man knows his stuff about rendering trust me sponge is the right way :p

it all depends on what finish you want, there is more than one way to skin a cat, its all down to personal preference.

i have only offered two more ways to finish a smooth render but there are more ways, come on lads lets see what else we can come up with ;)

spunky said:
how did you get on with the anal with your missus kirt?........did you make her bleed ::)

she wouldnt let me bonk her in the bum, she said i can do it when i get home, give me something to look forward too ;D

she will probably forget what she said, i will have here bent over and :eek: ;D

kirk johnstone said:
nick0412 said:
grand wizard said:
newspaper dont work use some driers

yes it does

why would you want to draw the moisture out anyway?

when its cold and getting late. or when u have to fill out a bit more than expected and its hanging about. just so u can go home in the winter.

i was always told tho that pulling the water out with newspaper also sucks some of the cement out???

kirk johnstone said:
spunky said:
how did you get on with the anal with your missus kirt?........did you make her bleed ::)

she wouldnt let me bonk her in the bum, she said i can do it when i get home, give me something to look forward too ;D

she will probably forget what she said, i will have here bent over and :eek: ;D
bum s*x is for gays m8

Status
Not open for further replies.