Finding A Lad.

Members online

When you get a crb check being in prison aint really a big deal know loads who have they just want to type of crime you have done and how it relates to your job you are gonna be doing

I have to say when I was at waylands it opened my eyes and made me change my stereotype opinions...

Me and the other spread share the labouring after a few disasters trying young lads.

The last one somehow got the cable on the refina megamixrer wrapped around the wisk, ripping all the wires out of the trigger housing.
He'd listen then do half of what you asked him.
He'd also sit in his car at dinnertime smoking weed, thought he was a bit of a gangster and hung around with 15 year olds at night.
Lasted 3 weeks, he ended up writing his car off and he wasn't worth picking up.

One of my mates uses older blokes our own age, late 40's, they are loads better.
They usually need the money and get stuck in.

Me and the other spread share the labouring after a few disasters trying young lads.

The last one somehow got the cable on the refina megamixrer wrapped around the wisk, ripping all the wires out of the trigger housing.
He'd listen then do half of what you asked him.
He'd also sit in his car at dinnertime smoking weed, thought he was a bit of a gangster and hung around with 15 year olds at night.
Lasted 3 weeks, he ended up writing his car off and he wasn't worth picking up.

One of my mates uses older blokes our own age, late 40's, they are loads better.
They usually need the money and get stuck in.
Sums up my experiences pretty well

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Had this thick f**k*r with me for awhile and was giving him 20-50 a day for tidying up, throwing a mix on but i was there looking after him most of the day on the mixes.He actually begged me to take him for awhile so felt sorry for him. He was happy with what he was getting. He starts drinking with this other daft c**t i had with me who was getting 80-100. Now, both where worth their money, but also cost me money a few times. Both ended up drinking and smoking every few nights. The first guy now said he was worth 100-120 and the other daft c**t who paints f**k**g raditors red gloss on me was saying he was worth 120-180. Id never laughed so much in my life. Ended up arguing with the 2nd daft c**t and was going kill the skinny ugly c**t. Fast forward few months later(6). First c**t has been homeless for ages begging me to take him back and the other rare thing has been sitting in the house looking out the window. Honestly could have done with them during a job recently but just couldnt take them again because will end up in jail with the thoughts going through my head with the cheek of the c**ts. I bust my balls working and creating work and here we have 2 thick c**ts who think they are worth tradesmen wages who are both thick as champ!

HAd another 2, one young lad 17, keen as f**k and on 35-50 a day. This one isnt to bad, listens and does all what i say. But only taking him on jobs that arent to dangerous.

Another one near 50, who wanted to learn stone. 50 a day untill he got the hang of it(he gets other money from elsewhere). Wasnt doing to bad, but think it got the better of him because one day he stopped answering the phone just out of the blue lol. Tbh thou, i threw him in the deep end with a difficult job and maybe it got to him. I even took a hit on him and also injured myself trying to cover his wages but would have preferred an answer to why he wasnt coming back.

As for the OP, its difficult to get good men or young ones. The young ones are spoilt f**k**g rotten and think they are worth more. I was even chatting to a guy in glasgow who was doing scaffolding. I asked him how did he like it. His answer was he f**k**g hated it and was leaving because it was to much hard work and for what he was getting, he could sell a bag of grass a day and get the same money! Its just the way society is now im afraid. Me, i was on a f**k**g fiver a day in 1994/5 and slowly built my wages up. I hated it but stuck in there because i knew come a few years down the line, ill have gained al this experience and will get good money.

Still waiting on the good money thou so starting to think was it such a good idea lol. Might just start selling grass like that kid in glasgow lol:loco::envidioso
And your point is

I started my training in prison and to be truthful you aren't encouraged on to a training course for your future. More money can be earned in the other workshops that the prison make money on, electrical assembly, woodwork shop, etc.
Wages in a prison training scheme were about a quarter of the workshop wages and if your family can't send in a few quid a month to buy phonecards and the like you are struggling. Probation were good though and managed to sort out my training when I was released.

I started my training in prison and to be truthful you aren't encouraged on to a training course for your future. More money can be earned in the other workshops that the prison make money on, electrical assembly, woodwork shop, etc.
Wages in a prison training scheme were about a quarter of the workshop wages and if your family can't send in a few quid a month to buy phonecards and the like you are struggling. Probation were good though and managed to sort out my training when I was released.

Yeah I have heard that I think Waylands are going to paying more money to those that do `classroom education ie learning to read and write and what not...

I would never trust an ex convict in peoples house - It's not them I would be concerned about .... but the mates they talk to/ hang out with after work.

I would never trust an ex convict in peoples house - It's not them I would be concerned about .... but the mates they talk to/ hang out with after work.

yup I totally get that... but remember they are not all thieves and murderers... some have just made a few dumb choices along the way

yup I totally get that... but remember they are not all thieves and murderers... some have just made a few dumb choices along the way

I have worked in a lot of very nice houses with a lot of very dodgy looking characters it the past, and can only ever recall one instance when £40 was taken out of a womans purse. Turned out to be a young window fitter working for Everest.

But I can think of many incidents outside of work hours when thieving has taken place, with what can only be inside information.

At least roofers & scaffolders don't get to set foot inside ... Not even house trained that lot!

I have worked in a lot of very nice houses with a lot of very dodgy looking characters it the past, and can only ever recall one instance when £40 was taken out of a womans purse. Turned out to be a young window fitter working for Everest.

But I can think of many incidents outside of work hours when thieving has taken place, with what can only be inside information.

At least roofers & scaffolders don't get to set foot inside ... Not even house trained that lot!

very true but that labourer you took on may not have a criminal record but could still be on the rob... also I have had plenty of people in my home over the years doing work and what not and not once have I asked them if they were robbers :D

In the end if you are a reputable company with a good reputation you will probably have a good judge of character, the chap that got drunk crashed his car probably is not likely to go back to prison in a hurry but also his chances of finding work in a normal job is also going to be hard...

The chap who smacked someone in the pub because his daughter was groped is now serving time....

Maybe it is down to the devil you know...

But trusting a convicted burglar in a house full of goodies is like trusting a Labrador in a butchers shop.

Bloke who got sent down for fiddling his VAT .. No problem!
Bloke who smacked someone who groped his daughter ... I doubt it?
Bloke who is a convicted thief .. Not a chance!

I also appreciate that the VAT fiddler is the last person that say a bank or accountancy firm would employ!

I visited a mate on remand in Winson Green when I was 20 and vowed never to go back .... Best half day I ever spent in hindsight.

But trusting a convicted burglar in a house full of goodies is like trusting a Labrador in a butchers shop.

Bloke who got sent down for fiddling his VAT .. No problem!
Bloke who smacked someone who groped his daughter ... I doubt it?
Bloke who is a convicted thief .. Not a chance!

I also appreciate that the VAT fiddler is the last person that say a bank or accountancy firm would employ!

I visited a mate on remand in Winson Green when I was 20 and vowed never to go back .... Best half day I ever spent in hindsight.

Yeah I think we are agreeing :D

I also think everybody makes mistakes and deserves a second chance at life if they are willing to change :D

Wow.

Been trying to get a lad on board with me the past couple of weeks, cant believe how much effort it is!

Usually got my mate with me when needed but he's been on for another bloke we know and is doing really well so don't want to risk him upsetting the bloke.

Ive posted a couple of things on facebook asking friends if they know anyone after work and I've had some replys from people but ive had nothing worth even attempting to take up on, one lad told me his dad said I should be paying him AT LEAST £80 a day and he's 17 with no experience!

I'm offering to pick them up if local and take home, ive got enough work for them to keep them going, for someone with no experience but willing to learn im offering £40-£50 a day. A good labourer £70-£80 a day does that seem fair? I was on £30 a day when I was 16-18!! Less than 10 years ago!!

I ideally want a kiddy who wants to go to work, done shite in school and needs something to do, my old boss give me a chance and i leaped at it are there still kiddys like that?
When I use a labourer I have to pay them £80 a day anything less they won't work the lazy little tossers

I sorted one lads, took my misses nephew on.

Chucked him in at the deepend mixing up sand cement for rendering, after 3 mixes he picked it up, been with me just over a week now and he's been good as gold, knows the basics of tools and clenlyness and that as he done window fitting for a couple of years with his old man.

He's willing and happy to help out, got his own place that he rents with his misses so needs the work and money.

Hopfully he keeps at it!

Chucked him in at the deepend mixing up sand cement for rendering, after 3 mixes he picked it up, been with me just over a week now and he's been good as gold, knows the basics of tools and clenlyness and that as he done window fitting for a couple of years with his old man.

He's willing and happy to help out, got his own place that he rents with his misses so needs the work and money.

Hopfully he keeps at it!
Hopefully mate I've been given a hand on job I'm on by a plasterer who wants top doe and I spent most of last two days explaining why I'm doing what I do 9sqm render walls were shot to bits so had to brick stitch it back in put a new concrete cill in new air brick and scratch twice cos was way to thick and I had to explain every thing I was doing and why makes the day seem long when it's like that

Hopfully he keeps at it!

That is good news and you know where you stand with him as he is family :D Look after him and you will be laughing :D

That is good news and you know where you stand with him as he is family :D Look after him and you will be laughing :D

Sometimes its a c**t with family or friends working for ya. Most take the hump when you tell them what to do your way.

What's happened? :popcorn:

The day after I posted that he was doing well he didn't turn in, no answer from his phone, I sat outside his for 10 mins before knocking on the door again no answer.

Took it on the chin and went onto top coating by myself (sand cement) was a bit fooked off but carried on. Never heard nothing all day until a message about 11pm saying sorry mate had a problem etc etc. Never mind I thought one of those things...... next day..... same again. Was getting a.bit pissed off but again continued top coating and got a call from him around 8pm that night..... sorry mate I'll be honest with you I feel bad my dog being at home from 7.30 / 8 to 4/5pm I can't just leave him there he destroys the house...... but I've sorted something now so will definatly be in tommrrow.

Next day same thing!!! Got a call around 11am mate I'm ready to come in now sorry was waiting for my mate to drop a me a kennel round. Ok I said. Well mate I'm 10 miles away ive layed on and now floating the wall I don't need you today BUT tommrrow we got a nice skimming job for 2 days, we also got the ceiling to board so will be dead handy with you there we will fly it. Yes mate will be in all sorted now thank God.

Next day comes his misses text me. Mitch won't be in today he got a bad belly.......

My head went I knew he was taking the pi55 now i text back fine no work Monday then.

Never heard fook all back and that was that.

Now I got a feeling his misses didn't like him working, she always has been a funny fooker with him really insecure and that and I genuinely think she wasn't happy about him being around other people.

May or may not be but that's what I think.

Never mind Il carry on as I am when I need someone for a day hopfully I can rely on a couple of mates I know