Finally!!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good Tigerprint, had a look at your website who's products do you use for the driveway overlays and stencilcrete?

Proper nice work that mate especially incorperating them old brick piers, blend in well.

In your pics the print dont continue round the corner its as if theyre 2 different walls is this normal procedure???

In your pics the print dont continue round the corner its as if theyre 2 different walls is this normal procedure???

No mate , I'm unsure why he's done it like that, am assuming he has his reasons, not wanting to speculate at this point, let Craig respond

As long as water doesn't stand and it's not going to be susceptible to freeze/thaw then it would be ok, but i always recommend a coping created in the product with reasonable fall or a pre cast cap

Yeah, I would have thought that meself, don't know how strong it is like :RpS_thumbup:

Another question for you tigerfeet, on that Vanessa Blake water feature were you just being 'a little bit greedy' or is it acceptable to use two bits of board on a wee job like that? No doubt you're meshing it first, but surely one slab would have been better on a little piece like that so you didn't have a joint through it?

coping's when cast in situ

IMAG0275.jpg IMAG0276.jpg IMAG0297 (1).jpg

i think it looks discusting,thats only my opinion (plz bear that in mind) i think it is very clever and there is also alot of skill involved.but i just dont get it, i never been a fan of making somthing what its not,tigerprints pics for example,he has just done the printing for the sake of it ,on what looks like dog kennels. like i said i am not trying to piss anybody off thats just my opinion,thanks!! it just reminds me of this lol
250px-The_Flintstones.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all. Wow lots to answer....... Firstly the reason for the stones not going around corner (external) were because the client decided that she wanted staggered quoin stones on the corners but I am ye to go back and do this.

In regards to copings, in some respects people don't want huge copings overhanging hence why I made cobbles on this one, after showing the client a sample of coping she decided against it. The material is very strong indeed, not had a problem with it as yet and I always use a Matt sealer on all my work any way.

Vanessa Blake water fall, yes would of been great as one piece but I was building the whole shop not just the water feature and the ply was what we had left over from the flooring. Yes mesh was used so to be honest it really was not an issue. If the prep has been done properly it does not matter if it is 10 bits, obviously I would not recommend it but the more you get to know the products the more confident you are.

Training on spraycrete and overlays were basically buy the stuff and do it, overlays are much the same as pic just a thinner screed. A lot of people hate them but I have never had a problem with one. Spraycrete is a grey area, yes it is effective but you must install by the book to the letter, if not, in 2 years you could be replacing it. Once again out of the 10 jobs I have done in spraycrete only 1 has failed and I believe it was down to a menu guy walking down the drive while wet. Spraycrete is very diddly and not a lot of call for now

Finally FAT BOY SKIM ...... Yes the clients exact words to me we're "can you make my kennels look like the flints tones / cotswalsds" as you can see they were just cel on blocks not even rendered. I am so glad you put that as that is what she asked for, I believe that it is an acquired taste, but surely you must like some stone as 90% of all wall and floor tiles replicate this whether it be slate, granite, travertine etc..... I can even create a work top to look like granite with fibre optics to look like molten lather at night. You are only restricted by your imagination.

Thanks for all comments good and bad lol I hope I have answered as much as I can

not rate keen on the way the effect doesnt follow on round the corners, maybe some hanging baskets will cover it up a little:RpS_thumbup: you dont do hanging baskets do you?

not rate keen on the way the effect doesnt follow on round the corners, maybe some hanging baskets will cover it up a little:RpS_thumbup: you dont do hanging baskets do you?
as stated fella external quoin stones are being added but client not made her mind up on what she wants this is why it didnt matter about linking them up, and no i dont do hanging baskets lol do you as i could pass on your details.

oh right i must have missed that bit
no mate i dont have any baskets youll be best off ringing a gardening firm up :RpS_thumbup:

omg that is the worst work i have ever seen tiger,get some tips from mr clamp if i was you xxx
lol lol really shall we see some of your work, lol i will bare your comments in mind but please can you tell me what exactly is so bad ???? colour and stamp is clients choice, not mine so i cant really see what is so AWFUL , and to be honest i was asked to pics to see their product as they were impressed with what i had already done, admitingly the wag 1 shop would of looked better with grey mortar lines but once again not my choice . thanks all the same thou for your in depth comment lol

lol lol apologies i thought it said FAT lol taxiiiiiii lol i will have in a few weeks got to build an external bar in someones back garden

AN EXTERNAL BAR IN THE BACK GARDEN????............Who the fk wants something like tha.............err hang on, that's norra bad idea that :rolleyes):razz:

AN EXTERNAL BAR IN THE BACK GARDEN????............Who the fk wants something like tha.............err hang on, that's norra bad idea that :rolleyes):razz:
lol it has a roof but open at sides sounds tacky but these boys are right party animals, they spent a fortune on a glass beer pong table lol . will keep you posted on it all

Status
Not open for further replies.