Filling in/Boarding Chimney oven

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

herds

Hi,

0929052.jpg

I'm going to be dot and dabbing this chimney breast, its currently got this horrible textured render which looks horrid and also the opening in the middle which I think used to be an oven in Victorian times. This room is forming the new kitchen diner extension so I was planning to put a TV on this wall and a few small satellite speakers.

If you were to block the hole I see three options:

1) just dot dab over it - but then surely one bang and there's a hole in the wall
2) stud out the sides of the hole then cut PB to shape, then dot and dab the whole wall - so you have some more resistance if it gets knocked
3) board out the hole to make a rectangular shape as a feature, to put candles in etc. like this cut out:

plaster.jpg

Doing this tomorrow so need to be quick :)

Last edited:
I'd just reskim it all or tight coat of bonding doubt you need to dab anything especially the inside of it

pva it,skim it with a coat of multi with a few hand fulls of bonding in the mix, when it pulls in lay it down with a nice fresh coat of multi, you can have the box built and boarded beforehand

you ever been to watch the stock cars at coventry stadium beddy been there a few times to watch the v8 f1's

Seen the stock cars when I was a kid. I went to see the speedway a few times, one of the riders was a friend of the family. Been once or twice for the dogs too. It really is a **** stadium though.

Status
Not open for further replies.