Filling Gaps in Wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevewils

Hi All,

A mate of mine has just asked for some advice. I have done a fair bit of plastering but not much repair work, so looking to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

He has had a couple of new radiators fitted which has left some pretty ugly holes in the walls. The original pipework was that micro bore pipe that was designed to be hidden inside the wall. New 15mm pipework has been fitted so no longer possible to hide between dot & dab. Does anyone know how best to tackle this? I have attached a couple of pictures to show the damage.
IMG_0607.JPG IMG_0609.JPG IMG_0608.JPG
Thanks.

If the pipes arnt proud of the existing work , get the plumber back to get the rad off . Bond it and skim . If the pipes are proud get the plumber back and do his job properly . Is it a concrete floor ?

If the pipes arnt proud of the existing work , get the plumber back to get the rad off . Bond it and skim . If the pipes are proud get the plumber back and do his job properly . Is it a concrete floor ?

Good advice - I note Dave about insulating the pipes before bonding over as affect moisture from hot pipes ? Am just learning mate

Aye some how , even foam them in first and cut back , i couldnt see how u can ram insulation in then bond just on top of it ..... To be honest though its not like its a water pipe in a garage or something ? So would just bond it

His posts seem to read a tad familiar, like someone who has recently went AWOL...................:RpS_wink:

Unfortunately the plumber is his father in law, otherwise yes I would be saying get them back to do it properly.

Does something need to be wrapped around the pipe before bonding?

Status
Not open for further replies.