Fill drill holes - best product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyBot

Just thinking of doing some prep work before proper plastering begins (not doing that myself so hold your fire).

There's decades worth of drill holes that have been papered over or filled with crummy foam type filler. I know it's never going to be like new but I want to get as close as possible to that i.e. if 10 years down the line someone drills in the same spot, it shouldn't go all weird.

Most reviews I see of fillers praise the finish (guessing written by painters) but I don't think it's that relevant as I intend to have a skim coat done or level the area with a plaster repair product.

Products I've come across:
  • Polyfilla Deep Gap
  • Ronseal Filler Big Hole
  • Toupret TX110
Any product you have some confidence in getting the result I described? Has anyone compared robustness of several?

Oh yeah, walls are mainly plasterboard, concrete for load-bearing ones.

Cheers

Ok so for context, I'm unemployed at the minute so can't get the plasterer in for a while but have got some spare time between interviews and staring at these bare, swiss cheese walls all day is driving me up them, so to speak.

I was looking to fill those holes to keep myself busy and gain a sliver of sanity. I'm not trying to be cheap, I'm not expecting a rebate because I filled some holes, that would be nuts.

If you have all the time in the world then go mad. You can fill to your hearts content give it a coat of paint as well you may not need to plaster it in the end.

If the plasterer has been in and quoted already then I would leave it alone as that is what he has quoted for.

You filling holes in the mean time waiting for the plasterer is a waste of time...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Well it's a waste of MY time lol.

Thanks for answering my question btw. Most helpful. :D

Last edited:
If the holes are the right size you could stick your cock in them to pass a few minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.