Fibreglass meshing with sand/cement

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you could get hold of force-dryed rendering sand and dry-mix OPC, then you could add your liquid SBR to this in the correct proportions making your own modified render OCR in effect ,then bed your mesh into this !!.

How's any of this any different to traditional 2 coat work?
Because I was seeing if I could one coat it with weber mesh and wanted to know if there was a way of doing it, ie.. Priming the substrate in a certain way or a special type of render mix so it was like weber ocr

Because I was seeing if I could one coat it with weber mesh and wanted to know if there was a way of doing it, ie.. Priming the substrate in a certain way or a special type of render mix so it was like weber ocr

At this time of year you might still have a problem with ocr in one coat. 2 coat it with the first flat as and the second a 5-6mm skim another day.

At this time of year you might still have a problem with ocr in one coat. 2 coat it with the first flat as and the second a 5-6mm skim another day.
Took your advice mate and I'm banging the base coat on as we speak, cheers for all the advice and I'm glad to see my first ever post has evoked such a good discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.