Few years out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wozza56

Hi all ,i have been a plasterer for 30 years on and off and i am looking to get back into it after a while off with a back problem .I have had a few ops now and all seems to be fine so i am wondering if there is anyone out there who needs help or has a job or 2 for me to get back into it ?
somerset area got all my own tools

i do not think this is a good idea wozza,surely it is only a matter of time before your back goes again, i would try tesco etc but certainly not plastering, time to get out this game ,all the best for future hector

I know what your saying Hector ,i did try and get something else but its all i know and the training available for other jobs is either non existent or costs a fortune
Ideally i would suit a job snagging or just small bits for a council or something but seems they would rather pay their multiskilled workers for an ok job rather than a good job done by the likes of me or you

very difficult wozza, same circumstances up here in carlisle as regards jobs, have you tried sending out emails to local estate agents/landlords/electrical companies/builders etc see if they are wanting any patching/rooms skimmed etc this approach has worked for me in the past,nothing to lose , all the best

i know the feeling mate ive been plastering for 35yrs now and been on day work for the last 6 yrs tryed to do price work last week but just to slow now to make money the polish workers are working until 9pm to make money ,just cant compiete

Status
Not open for further replies.