Few questions

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveohim

I have done plastering in the past, only a few basic walls but now I want to get really good at it.i have a few questions.

how do I cover over holes in a wall or damaged wall? Just plaster over?

any tips on plastering behind a banister post?

how do I go about plastering a hallway? Up the stairs etc,do it in two halves? It's quite a big wall and I'm guessing the first part will be dry before I finished the whole wall.

any advice would be great

I'd love to fly a plane ,taking lessons isn't an option... Do you think I'll be ok?

ok good luck as you can't do two halves with skim otherwise you will see a marrying lines in the middle if u decide to skim one half and let it dry - I will need another mate to help me even i am pro - I d start on top of stairs / landing and mate start at bottom of stairs / hallway - not worth it to do it by yourself.

If you need someone to help you skim a staircase gable wall then you aint no pro. :RpS_lol:

I was thinking that too Danny! Two men on one wall!!! These young uns don't know they're born. Steveohim, give the wall a good thick coat of PVA, let it dry then give it another, start throwing the finish on at the top fairly thick, don't piss about just get it on. Once the whole wall is on go back to top and start to flatten down, a two foot spat speeds this process up, next start second coating at the top but put it on as flat as you can get it, once this is on go back to top and start to 'Lay In' the flatter you get it at this stage the easier it will be to finish. Well, what are you waiting for, chop chop!

2 coats of sbr, ladder against stair head wall with plank across to the stairs and get stuck in. If it goes too far before you finished then you got no hope as the sbr will hold it off for ages. I done one yesterday with a couple of small walls to make up the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.