Festool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the T 15 and TI 15 cordless drills which are very good. I did consider buying the CXS because it was lightweight but decided to buy the T series because they were more versatile :)

They look a tad heavier but I have seen some good YouTube reviews of the CXS.i had a shoulder operation so look for light drills.
how long you had yours and how long before charging?

They look a tad heavier but I have seen some good YouTube reviews of the CXS.i had a shoulder operation so look for light drills.
how long you had yours and how long before charging?

I've had them for a few months. The battery life is good because they have brushless motors and charging is also fast. However, the CXS does not have the same technology so the battery life will be less. You can buy it cheaper from ffx.co.uk :)

I know festool is a premier brand with a price to match but they seem really plasticy and cheap in the show room, they actually any good and robust enough as a builders/plasters tool rather than in a joinery?

Prior to Festool, I have owned Dewalt standard and XR series cordless drills. Neither of them are likely to survive if dropped off a step ladder. However, Festool products come with a 3 year warranty and they have the Centrotec system. They also have an array of attachments: right angle, eccentric and a depth attachment :)

Prior to Festool, I have owned Dewalt standard and XR series cordless drills. Neither of them are likely to survive if dropped off a step ladder. However, Festool products come with a 3 year warranty and they have the Centrotec system. They also have an array of attachments: right angle, eccentric and a depth attachment :)

Stop Stop I'm getting a stiffy!

I know festool is a premier brand with a price to match but they seem really plasticy and cheap in the show room, they actually any good and robust enough as a builders/plasters tool rather than in a joinery?

Dont care and I'm never sensible when it comes to tools.
cant afford it really but I know I will.:RpS_cool:

im with builderboi on this they as a brand are ment to be mustard but that looks munkey like a diyer would have.
minh my makitta has had many a fall off of various items steps, hopups and so forth but it still works a treat, do want to get a new drill though as mine are old

It depends what you are going to use it for really and balancing the weight as an issue.the festool is more for a chippy/joiner really,I've used their chippy gear and its untouchable.i would go for dewalt for power or makita for all round performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.