Feature bead

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
Has anyone come across a feature bead to break up panels of mono?
It's not an expansion bead the job were on they want a bead breaking the Walls up in panels but all it is is a single stop bead White against Arran the profile looks exactly the same a stop bead but apparently there's a feature bead for it??

Yeah mate used all the time in Spain i mentioned it quite a while back and someone put a link up for it, its in the archives somewhere.

Not just a stop bead then mate? What are they like he's going to use stops anyway sorry I wouldn't have a farking clue where it is on th forum

Its a chamfered strip of plastic which you bed in and rule of it then pluck it out when its gone of, looks good especialy seperating different coloured panels.

I Used these the other week no peeling away after though just sat there, looks like a T profile side on try using the expamet codes ( EXP580) for feature bead and
askiing the merchant for it in plastic.

That's what we've ben asked to do no raised bands just scrape into a bead.....what a crock of shite it'd be cheaper to pay a painter to paint a little band in

Nice one Gibbo, wrong Dave its a good system and looks the nuts used all over Europe, same old problem i think that they want you to do it but not pay extra for it. It didnt show on that vid but you do take the bead out after so you can have any colour under it to break the panels up.

Sorry I thought he was just buttering beads up lol, Ive just been given a pile of stop beads then asked if I knew what a feature bead was.....That could be why the bricks projected from the concrete block to allow for the feature bead how thick are they?
so far all I know is the areas are broke up in sections by a stop bead, thought it would be a bit weird?

I havent mate never seen them in the U.K. but i think when i mentioned it before someone said L&D had them other than that ask Webber, strange realy as it is the norm in most of Europe and we dont do it, fcuk knows why.

Has anyone come across a feature bead to break up panels of mono?
It's not an expansion bead the job were on they want a bead breaking the Walls up in panels but all it is is a single stop bead White against Arran the profile looks exactly the same a stop bead but apparently there's a feature bead for it??

you mean like an ashlar grove? its similar to a stop bead but with an ashlar feature

I'll get the site agent to have a word with ze architect tomorrow, seems a very strange job why would the brick be abbuted 20mm from the wall then a bell on top of that ?........it's all gone pare shaped lol

Spunky regarding the beads, if you cant source them could you not speak to a window fitter and maybe get some upvc profile ripped down !! Just a thought. If theyre plucked out afterwards, could reuse them and cut to what lengths you need them at ..

Cheers airborne, I didn't say anything the jobs half beaded so I kept me gob shut thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.