Featheredge's

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freerider

What side of a featheredge do you lot prefere to rule off/straighten with?

Ive always used the tapered side as I find it nice to take off and fill low spots with that edge, and thats how I was taught, but I know generally spreads use the flat side as the tapered edge is just there for "getting into the corners better"

Not asking for a "Im right your wrong" topic, as at the end of the day providing the jobs right thats all that matters! just curious :)

Thats good then, aint just me that uses tapered edge, got told I was using the wrong side other week, tried using flat side but it just felt weird to me!

Tapered edge. It just feels better when you need to put any back on usin whats on the straight edge. Seem to get the angle better.

doesn't make a difference mate still straight whichever side, tell person who said that to you too come back and tell you if you leave a bad job, an until then you don't need an audience ;)

If i use a feather edge i rule with the flat side and the go over the wall with the beveled edge using it like a big trowel

had a go with a H a couple of months back an keep meaning to buy some but nowhere seems to stock them and i dont like buying edges over the net, are the refina ones lightweight?

had a good litghtweight 6ft one customer nicked it :'( :'( now i have to buy a new one are the refina one's good.
lads have you got one hade mine for time

never use the trapeziums myself h section far better use like a giant trowel closes in lovely

what are these H sections all about? first Ive heard of em!

looked online but not good enough picture too see the use, someone care to explain the advantage over featheredge?

Status
Not open for further replies.