fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask my mrs..... she is always complaining that i have to much.

Its a term for the scum you produce when troweling up with water and similar

it's the stuff that to many plasterers use to fill hollows with! fill your hollows when the plasters still wet and flattern , don't let it set a little and soak with water and fill with the watery pink fat...like some of the cowboys i have to work with!

it comes out of my penis. thats classed as man fat but its all the same. just smells/tastes differently

its a by product from plaster caused by adding water to plaster during the troweling up stage high water content low plaster content , not a lot of good for anything .

church said:
its a by product from plaster caused by adding water to plaster during the troweling up stage high water content low plaster content , not a lot of good for anything .

except bedding beads on according to to our well read colleague

rockhardsolidplastering said:
its what kirk beds his beads on with seriously dont laff

i use the fat from the first trowel, which i haven't used any water to bring up, it is basic skim that is being taken off ;)

oh i nearly forgot to mention

wooden cornice

kebab king said:
Suppose you could stick your wooden cornice on with fat.Lol.

nah it would nt work screws and no nails is the way forward oh it looked mint when finished made a tricky job a piece of perfect match and straight as oh and no chance of a break but hey

what you mean to say is that you dont have the skill to do it properly, so instead of subing it out to someone who knows how to do it, you just bodge'd it up with a bit of wood. trust me this is not the way forward ;)

kebab king said:
Surely where the plaster meets wood will crack at some point.

wood also twists, i told him last time when he first posted it that he was a cowboy but he seems intent on making sure all the real plasterers know that he put wood up in some old woman's house and charged here £hundreds.

fukin cowboy mate

the fact you dont know what fat is means your prob on the right road with your work. some skimmers think its normal practise to 'fat in' when finishing a wall using it to fill hollows/blemishes/cats faces etc leaving a multi coloured non consistent and undesirable surface.

Whats this wooden cornice joke all about ?
Im assuming u got some cornice made with wood to make a repair in instead of plaster?
Whats wrong with that?
Done it my self a few times ?

Bit of wood for a small repair = no problem !!
Architrave and skiting doesnt twist if fitted correctly unless you use GREEN (alive) wood.

if you use wood, this wont fit perfect as you will need to fill the small gap where it is butted up to the old cornice... am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.