Failed render!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rst1983

I'm pricing a job where the render finish has failed on phenolic insulation,it looks like they have used a sand and cement render!!!im removing a piece today to b sure.they want me to remove the whole system including rails n boards.is there anything on the market that I can use to bond the surface providing I remove any loose materials ect and put thin coat over the top???im happy to remove everything and start again tho it seems like it's gonna b hard to remove the insulation without a lot of mess and a waste of money!thanx

it depends on the thickness of substrate, you cant just guess at it as to what thickness to use.
if its 50mm phenolic then your going to need a thicker eps to get to building regs arnt you, that's he benefit of using phenolic you can use a thinner board to get u value.
to get regs of 0.30 you can use 90mm eps, if its a single skin your going to be more.

Interesting.i spoke to parex a few weeks back and they said they would!!!
I used eps in the end
enewall warranty it aswell but yes its poor gear to use once wet and its mush, pricy aswell is kooltherm.

don't think Enewall are guaranteeing phenolic anymore, their EPS and PIR are still decent. Probably need another 10mm extra thickness with PIR to get same uvalue as phenolic if youre needing it. would take it all off and start again if it were me

Status
Not open for further replies.