EZE - Speedskim - Refina skimming spatula - devices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah Mickey Mouse plasterer blah blah blah did his first mono job recently blah blah blah **** off :)

I really wish you would stop sitting on the fence with your opinions spunky, if you have something to say just spit it out :RpS_thumbup:

I've "borrowed" a 1200 speed skim, a refina spatula and refina plaziflex trowel from work and had a mess about this week, gotta say I'm still experimenting with timings etc, but I'm impressed with all 3, when used in conjunction with each other they produce great finishes with little effort. Great for putting on the meters but for me it's all about saving those joints!

where is the best place to get a 16" stainless steel s*p*r*lex. Cant see them beating the Marshaltown finishing trowel

Hi Mate,

Yes we will, once they have been launched we will have them on our website. Keep an eye on our Facebook page as well as that is constantly being updated

I cant push enough pressure on the blade to finish properly. Also had them falling apart on me

I would say yes @jesssop

The ergonomics doesn't suite the way in which I use a spatula to finish 32" refina is the biggest ive had success with. I have a 40" but only use that on ceilings with pre-mixed.

The 600 speedskim's I have to test have both broken. One I cracked the blade in the centre some how. Maybe in transport but im quite anal about protecting the blades on my spats. The other one the metal insert has come away from plastic.

Ive kept quite about them for quite some time trying to preserver with the 1200 hoping it would break in. However I have reverted back to the s*p*r*lex spat on many occasions

Even though I love my refina spat I still only use it on large areas so a smaller trowel with a flexible blade seems the way forward for average hits.

Still love the speedskim plastics though for flattening with :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
i would have thought a plazzy finishing blade would have been an easier and better way forward for this tool?

You don't have the control over the blade the same way you do a with a plazzie trowel. You can finish on to beads with a plastic trowel you just use less pressure.

Plus there is a nasty habit of the blades getting small nicks which doesn't matter when just flattening. In a plastic you see and address a nick quickly and simply. I have finished with brand new speedskims however they tend to lose there crisp edge quickly.

I would say yes @jesssop

The ergonomics doesn't suite the way in which I use a spatula to finish 32" refina is the biggest ive had success with. I have a 40" but only use that on ceilings with pre-mixed.

The 600 speedskim's I have to test have both broken. One I cracked the blade in the centre some how. Maybe in transport but im quite anal about protecting the blades on my spats. The other one the metal insert has come away from plastic.

Ive kept quite about them for quite some time trying to preserver with the 1200 hoping it would break in. However I have reverted back to the s*p*r*lex spat on many occasions

Even though I love my refina spat I still only use it on large areas so a smaller trowel with a flexible blade seems the way forward for average hits.

Still love the speedskim plastics though for flattening with :RpS_thumbup:

I have the EZE 600 spat it's good on ceilings. Have u used one mate.

I have the EZE 600 spat it's good on ceilings. Have u used one mate.

No not yet, Im a bit of a refina lover. Got a few poles and what not so seems logical to buy the same. Just lost one some how though :RpS_cursing:

£54 at penlaws so ill add another to a Parex order

Status
Not open for further replies.