Eze spat arrived

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie

I ordered myself the eze spat an had a go today for the first time. what a dream to trowel up with! Think I need to customise the pole with a bit of pipe Lagan, that pole was ice cold lol. Went over it in no time and came home with a smile on my face and a bit of go left in me for once lol. I got the speed skim now the eze spat an it's def a big plus for me? Now to look for more toys :RpS_thumbup:

I have never used the ezespat... lots of good reviews :) I do like the speedskim though so expecting it to be good when I do get a play :)

Would you prefer it over the speedskim mate? thinking of getting one myself
Just as fibre hand says, use them both speedskim for closing in and eze for wet trowels. Although I did give it one go with mt just to be sure because it was my first time with eze though I think it would of been ok without. It makes easy work of big ceilings mate.

Was thinking 800mm would be just nice already have the 1200mm speedskim. Just might have to order one

Yes I do Ryan. You can adjust the angle of the blade on the eze spat as the plaster firms up and apart from troweling in your angles you can finish with it! I love mine and apart from diddy ceilings? I use it all the time! Adjust the blade angle and you can glide over walls too! I do on boarded work its a great piece of kit :RpS_thumbup: I agree with the pipe lag idea @pixie good idea that pal :RpS_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 1m spat it is a really nice tool, think I need to use it a bit more though.
did a 100m2 dining hall ceiling today twice over with the 1800mm speedskim once over dry with the superted came up well but feeling it a bit tonight.

I love the skimming spat , saves a load of time, no matter how big the ceiling is... I use it on all my ceilings unless their really small.. love it... can be used for other applications aswell, its not just for the '' skimmers ''

Can someone please tell me were I get this weapon of choice lol cant seem to find it on 1stopshop or google

I been using the eze with a plazzy blde for some time now and there is no easier way to get a perfect shiny finish. Straight out of the packet it pulls and fluffs up the finish but after a rub down on dry fresh plaster to smooth the edge it glides over wet multi without leaving any stripes and shines dry multi like a mirror. The flexi metal blade is also handy for running over base coats and cement renders prior to floating :) wouldnt be without mine now, cheers ryan!

I been using the eze with a plazzy blde for some time now and there is no easier way to get a perfect shiny finish. Straight out of the packet it pulls and fluffs up the finish but after a rub down on dry fresh plaster to smooth the edge it glides over wet multi without leaving any stripes and shines dry multi like a mirror. The flexi metal blade is also handy for running over base coats and cement renders prior to floating :) wouldnt be without mine now, cheers ryan!

Think you're using it the opposite way as intented. Normal blade for render, flexi for skimming is it not?

Mine came supplied with the flexi and I got the plazzy extra but found that the flexi was just as good for flattening render and base coats as a hard blade, just gotta hold it different. Works for me bud :)

Got my 1200 eze spat this week.

Used it for two days on skimming. Flatten 1st coat with it. Find you have to leave it longer before you flatten than speedskim.
flattens lovely. too big to finish with.

Basecoats again nice to flatten with. Better than speedskim in my opinion

Less and less are using speed skims I believe, I never use them now,I think the reduce the quality,the mt is still my main trowel.with the colder weather and slowing down of drying times ,I wait longer to apply second coat, I can't believe some bang on first coat, speedskim then second straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.