Extra time retarder

Cuggy83

Hi all.
Got a big hit on a ceiling tomorrow,
Got a few sachets of "extratime retarder"
Never used it before. Do I need to use it in both mixes? Don't really want to be hanging around for an extra hr or so to start trowelling up.
Cheers

All depends the size of the ceiling. My son and myself skimmed an 80 metre square kitchen ceiling on plasterboard at 2.6 high. With half time in both coats. We put it on in one hit not as a running gauge.

All depends the size of the ceiling. My son and myself skimmed an 80 metre square kitchen ceiling on plasterboard at 2.6 high. With half time in both coats. We put it on in one hit not as a running gauge.
Half time?
Do you mean extra time.

Hi all.
Never used it before. Do I need to use it in both mixes? Don't really want to be hanging around for an extra hr or so to start trowelling up.
Cheers
Don't get a mix with it in your eye it's horrible, more so than getting just multi in it.
Used extra time a couple of time's, it's allowed me to maintain the same process over a larger area.
As others have said first coat only, one thing I've noticed is that it looks a little bleached when fully dry. As if it was skimmed on a really hot day.

Hi all.
Cheers
Is it on board ? how big are we talking, in bags, per coat ?

Lots of things you can put in skim

07B23BC1-5581-4175-AD1F-1B17BE9F9938.gif