External render wall corner / bell cast beading setup

dubbs

Hi - Can someone please have a look at the diagrams below and advise if diagram A or B is correct for the beading setup for a corner wall to render the walls with a bellcast at the bottom. The house currently has a bellcast. If neither are right can someone please advise how this should be setup? Note the angles are exaggerated to demo the setup. If option A is used - surely we wont have a bellcast - just a sloping wall from top to bottom??? We are having the house render reskimmed ontop of existing - hence the question.

Cheers,

dubbs.

Attachments

• bellCast.jpg
    bellCast.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 994
you wouldnt hava sloped wall.

all depends on what look gone for.
some use big bellbeads and swoop the render out.
others like myself use bells same thickness as angles and have a flat wall.

aslong as you use a bell bead rather than a stop theres ni worry. let the renderer crack on

i consider both ex A and ex B wrong.
fit bell drip bead in position.
measure from the base of the angle bead about 5 inches. give the angle bead a nick, NOT completely through the arris. bend the base of the angle bead out to meet the bell cast bead. you will just have to trim the very base of the bead. use the same measurement for all of the angle beads that meet the bell cast bead.

i consider both ex A and ex B wrong.
fit bell drip bead in position.
measure from the base of the angle bead about 5 inches. give the angle bead a nick, NOT completely through the arris. bend the base of the angle bead out to meet the bell cast bead. you will just have to trim the very base of the bead. use the same measurement for all of the angle beads that meet the bell cast bead.
We would need diagram "C"

Both A and B is wrong, ideally you need to maintain the full thickness out to the bell edge. ‘B’ will taper out to 0 thickness.

Chop the existing bell off and fit a drip bead to suit the thickness of the render angle beads. If you want a bell bottom fit thicker thickness bell beads obtainable from Direct Building Products in Bradford and they deliver nationwide.

Ive always put drip bead on first then leave angle bead about 2 inches above it. But my mate dies whats been said above. Snip through mesh on angle bead about 3inched from end and pull it out to meet drip

Ive always put drip bead on first then leave angle bead about 2 inches above it. But my mate dies whats been said above. Snip through mesh on angle bead about 3inched from end and pull it out to meet drip

i think this is the best finish as you can see the arris of the bead join up to the bell cast bead.

Thanks - this is what I would imagine is the best solution. so we maintain a consistent depth away from the wall all the way along the profile of the existing wall. Renderers are using plastic beading as its a lime render and they say the cant bend it though... Would we have a bell cast bead at the bottom running along the horizontal of the wall as well yeh?

Hi all - just to reitterate - the beads are ontop of an already rendered house - so we already have a bellcast at the bottom - a new bell cast bead has been attached to the bottom, which makes sense to me - but where we have corners in the walls - the corner bead has been attached as per diagram A - and so sit close to the top of the wall - but as it is set to 'connect' with the bell cast bead at the bottom of the wall - it is stting away from the wall by 15+mm where it joins with the bellcast - Surely this would mean if they followed the line / angle of the bead laid this way we would not have a bellcast - just a sloped wall from top to bottom?

Hi all - just to reitterate - the beads are ontop of an already rendered house - so we already have a bellcast at the bottom - a new bell cast bead has been attached to the bottom, which makes sense to me - but where we have corners in the walls - the corner bead has been attached as per diagram A - and so sit close to the top of the wall - but as it is set to 'connect' with the bell cast bead at the bottom of the wall - it is stting away from the wall by 15+mm where it joins with the bellcast - Surely this would mean if they followed the line / angle of the bead laid this way we would not have a bellcast - just a sloped wall from top to bottom?
Your correct
It is crap practice that
You better get out there at 7:30am tomorrow and kick off before they start
Usually we ask for pictures but this time take a video of the kick off but blur the faces out please
See you in morning x