External insulation

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wil

Afternoon all, just after some info on what thickness the external render boards come in I.e the polystyrene type and what brands sell them. Appreciate any advice.

do you mean a carrier board or insulation for a render system? the latter will depend on what u value you are looking to achieve.

Insulation for render systems, I know they come in 90 mm just wondering if it comes any thinner to allow for the Sofit over hang

15mm reveal boards and then 40m, 50mm. Some are ex stock like 40,50,90 & 100 others are to order. Get a cut master (if you can afford one) and make your thickness .

Is there any online sites who sell them or is it just the builders merchants ??doesn't seem much going on locally it's all on order and poor info

Try the big boys like Sheffield Insulation, Minster. Insulation comes in so many different forms and thickness's it is hard to expect an insulation merchant to stock all types and sizes due to the bulk of it. It would cost too much in rent to stock the slow moving stuff.

Usually it is to order but can be got hold off in a couple of days with a good merchant.

Insulation for render systems, I know they come in 90 mm just wondering if it comes any thinner to allow for the Sofit over hang

Reducing the jnsulation will reduce the performance and you should consult any paying customer first - no point rhem shelling out for the system that cost pretty much the same whatever thickness eps if it wont keep the heat in.

Tou can use anything from 30 mm up on wall surfaces. You can even get 20mm for reveals only.

To be honest you should be using a verge trim to cap the insulation and keep the insulation thickness the same.

Are you an ewi contractor ?

www.jfe-rendersystems.co.uk

No mate I just work for myself but I've never used any of the bagged renders before and this job is on my own house but the 90 mm insulation plus render not only takes Sofit over out but not sure if I can get window cills any deeper than 8'' in total unless there are some kind of capping to extend them?? On the top half of the house it's timber so I'm gonna use kanouf exterior render board, basically cement board.

No mate I just work for myself but I've never used any of the bagged renders before and this job is on my own house but the 90 mm insulation plus render not only takes Sofit over out but not sure if I can get window cills any deeper than 8'' in total unless there are some kind of capping to extend them?? On the top half of the house it's timber so I'm gonna use kanouf exterior render board, basically cement board.

Get someone that is experience with EWI to help as the warrantee is void unless someone is either accredited by the manufacturer or had an NVQ in EWI..

It's a lot of money to fork out only to fck it up..

All EWI manufacturers sell over cills, plus soffit and facia extenders of some sort..

An EWI supplier with spec it for you

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

If the guy is doing this himself then yes get an experienced ewi fitter to advise but in return for his very valuable information and names of suppliers how about giving him a consultation fee? After all otherwise what is in it for him?

Your worried about the soffit overhang, all you need is a verge trim drop me a line to discuss further.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

get the trim, use a continuous line of bonding sealer on the back wing that goes against the building and mechanically fix also through. it will cap off nicely.

you can get sills any size made if the shelf ones aint long enough just tell em what you want they only pressed and coated

Status
Not open for further replies.