External arch bead ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.renderplas.co.uk/userfiles/file/Renderplas-PVCu-beads-brochure-2012.pdf

Hi Mate

see page 13 of the attached - I am sure that most of the PVC beads can be curved...... it depends on the dia of the curve....

get in touch with your usual supplier and ask them to confirm, or contact some of the manufacturers directly.

I have dealt with WEMICO with regards to a curved and arched external wall before and they helped out and sorted beads for the job......

Good Luck mate!

you wont find one with a 10 or 15 mm spine the only one you will find is 3 or 6mm for plastering, an arch bead will not bend if the raised dpine is too thick/deep thats why nobody bothers making em

turn a drip bead upside down or cut one wing of a croner bead.

I had some curved windows to do and planned to use the upside-down drip bead until on the day the radius was too tight and distorted the hell out of the bead. Back to ply and jigsaw

you wont find one with a 10 or 15 mm spine the only one you will find is 3 or 6mm for plastering, an arch bead will not bend if the raised dpine is too thick/deep thats why nobody bothers making em

turn a drip bead upside down or cut one wing of a croner bead.
free hand first before u put the bead on.if it needs brought out

Plastic external angle beads cut down, a few nails to tack it to get the shape if the curve is tight and some expanding spray foam to hold them solid if need be, jobs a gooden...

I had some curved windows to do and planned to use the upside-down drip bead until on the day the radius was too tight and distorted the hell out of the bead. Back to ply and jigsaw
Offer the bead up and gently apply a bit of heat with a hot air gun to soften the plastic as you fit the to the arch, this will avoid kinks and distortion, and take the spring out of the bead making it easier to stick.

Offer the bead up and gently apply a bit of heat with a hot air gun to soften the plastic as you fit the to the arch, this will avoid kinks and distortion, and take the spring out of the bead making it easier to stick.

thanks dude...that's a wicked idea

Did a rendererd arch over a door way we cut the webbing on a stop bead every 4 inch or so and bent it around theface of the arch the only problem is inside the arch was the 10mm profile of the bead but it matched up to the reveal beads and it looked ok.

Sometimes the old ways are the best. You could bang on 3 of these by the time you've faffed around trying to do things with beads they don't like.

945196_10200497837147343_1159488297_n.jpg

395227_10200497839267396_2021226797_n.jpg

601698_10200497835587304_1394377066_n.jpg

looks mustard................:RpS_thumbup:
what did you use to to form the radius thats underneath your template is it timber latt just like your uprights? @mark ross

Last edited by a moderator:
looks mustard................:RpS_thumbup:
what did you use to to form the radius thats underneath your template is it timber latt just like your uprights? @mark ross

Heres a tip . Battens on the sides. The furthest edge of the curved band was drawn out first using a pen and a string fixed onto the central point of the radius. Cut a 20mm rip of the side of a piece of 5 by 1 plastic fascia board. This stuff bends a treat . Then fixed it to drawn circumference line.

Not as impressive as the mark ross pics but to show how we use 10mm drip ipside down for arch beads when using mono

Errr...

Hang on a min

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.