Expamet arch formers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

Hi guys, got an arch to form, & I've bought expamet arch formers wich have come straight, which you bend you're self to create the arch.
They're eml, wich have a heavier gauge to normal skim beads! So do you form the arch first with bonding, & then put arch beads on to over skim? Any tips would be good, as I've never used this product before, cheers in advance.

Never used arch formers you bend yourself personally but if you are happy with how you have set the arch up and it looks ok why not carlite bond it out then skim,finishing the arch with an external angle tool? No need for arch beads

Tried 'em, hate 'em. Always got a chippy to make arches out of ply now, just a case of boarding/beading/skimming. They look better as well. Need plastic arch beads though.

i have not seen the arch formers that are straight.
i have used the expamet arch formers that you clip a piece of white plastic onto the former to produce the arriss is this what you are talking about?
you have to be careful when purchasing expamet arch formers as there is one for an arch and a very similar one for a full circle. if you try to use the full circle one both ends will turn and will look a basket. builders seem to be experts at purchasing the wrong set.

Are the arch formers that have come straight the bridging pieces? These sit between the arches.
Not fitted any arches for a while but often removed them on reskims as customers have said they looked dated and would prefer a straight or square opening.

using a arch former kit is a real skill to get right takes about half a day to set up onto block work , use to love setting it up and floating them in , but sounds like kits have changed a bit :RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.