EWI

Members online

loky11

Never done EWI, plenty of s+c and mono, am I right in thinking it's topped using silicone thin coat ?

Never done EWI, plenty of s+c and mono, am I right in thinking it's topped using silicone thin coat ?
Topped with an ewi render like mapei ar1 or another brands version of that and then yeah silicone top coat, thin coat systems just not general bagged render like hp12

Topped with an ewi render like mapei ar1 or another brands version of that and then yeah silicone top coat, thin coat systems just not general bagged render like hp12
Thanks, and on block and brick its just a base coat, primer then thin coat ? Been to look at a job and she wants front and side in ewi but back she doesn't so for it all to match it will all want doing in tc

Thanks, and on block and brick its just a base coat, primer then thin coat ? Been to look at a job and she wants front and side in ewi but back she doesn't so for it all to match it will all want doing in tc
If it’s a knock off brick would want prepping with a grit product of some kind, then mesh base prime and thin coat

If it’s a knock off brick would want prepping with a grit product of some kind, then mesh base prime and thin coat
If on brick and block then just use normal bagged ocr like hp12, much nicer to work with than an ewi product.

If on brick and block then just use normal bagged ocr like hp12, much nicer to work with than an ewi product.
The back will be half brick (once old render has been hacked off ) half block. The front is just painted brick.

Thincoat is best for ewi end of, 300 square metres is not 1 to practice on let someone else do it mate.
I have someone that can jump on with me to show us, will just do smallest area first, but would rather do in mono if it's possible.