Ewi obsticals

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
I have a few houses coming up which need Ewi fitted to them

Both houses have standard boiler flus, soil stacks, no soffits and standard sills.

How do you fellas get over these problems???.

Thanks rich

Most of the major suppliers who have targetted these types of works have a full pack of details covering these areas....

Give some of them a call..... who you planning on using?

Last edited:
Timber blocks for soil stack clips downpipes, and satalites.if the flues cant be extended leave 300mm radius recess and render only

I have never done any EWI Rich but these must be common problems others must have come across.

I don't know if the answers above are any good but there must be a easy way to get round the problem.

Under the cills I always had to put in the same cover strip used under the eaves, i dont think cover strip is the right word but ive been out of ewi for 10 years now,got sick of the travelling.

Rich, overlay plastic sills with bigger plastic....if the job warrants you can form the sills to replicate old stone ones like on the job I put pics on. Dbp do anchors for satellite dishes, soil stack fittings which do away with timber patruses. Aluminium coping profiles/soffit flashings for flush soffits from wemico :)

Flue extension kits, wooden blocks for soil pipes-drain pipes-satellites etc, soffit trims and cill trims, have you not done it before rich there's trims for everything

We have fitted plenty of Ewi systems but normally to buildings that are ready to receive the system. This is the first time I have had these problems land in my doorstep.

So the soil stack has to come off and be refitted then, roof line extended etc. it's getting over these problems that would make most people say ..... Thanks rich but we think well give it a miss due to the hassle factor!.

Rich customers are prob paying not getting it free and the cost of enabling works might push the budget I think he means

Status
Not open for further replies.