ewi installers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah I see, I drove through that area the other day and its like scaffold city, there upgrading every house there I recon all at once 100's and 100's, I put 2 and 2 together -you on about Yorkshire, ewi gangs and got 5 :RpS_blushing:

I know the area and they are getting loads of muppets doing it they are dog rough! Someone can't be getting paid on them. A lad has rung me no experience never used a modified render system before or Ewi and they've given him 10 houses a week to do???? What's that all about.

ah I see, I drove through that area the other day and its like scaffold city, there upgrading every house there I recon all at once 100's and 100's, I put 2 and 2 together -you on about Yorkshire, ewi gangs and got 5 :RpS_blushing:

No mate nowt to do with that scheme , however it's been a nightmare getting decent lads for the schemes were running . Some shocking workmanship out there . Best thin is they all talk a good game but haven't even got a grasp of the basics , as in the post above . Why would you even take on ten houses a week if you ain't got a clue !!! Fook Inn astounds me , god knows what **** I'm comin back too after four weeks away . But I know my son's ain't impressed . I could be back self employed next week !!!

interesting that hearing that from your position, because from what you hear there is an abundance of capable lads including eastern Europeans that are getting on ewi schemes.
is it a nightmare getting lads because of the rates offered would you say or just all the decent lads that tend to be busy?
im routinely getting enquires from renderers that are quite and cant find continuity of work on sites doing ewi, they struggle to make it pay working for someone else due to the average pay offered then getting taxed, digs, time pressures to complete, weather etc.

Iv just been offered some work on EWI, base coat and mesh 3 bed semi £210.00 per house

tempted to give it a bash after this bad weather passes,

I tend to stay off sites, I was wondering if it was worth a go with a labourer, I don't think it would be worth it with another spread.

£105.00 each per day for a full house, weather permitting, it's a bit shite really

ha youd be surprised how many don't think like that. whats the £210 per house cover?

Covering eps boards, not sure what type or whose system

base coat
mesh
top and trowel

ready to be buttered up and dashed by the next set of lads

No mate nowt to do with that scheme , however it's been a nightmare getting decent lads for the schemes were running . Some shocking workmanship out there . Best thin is they all talk a good game but haven't even got a grasp of the basics , as in the post above . Why would you even take on ten houses a week if you ain't got a clue !!! Fook Inn astounds me , god knows what **** I'm comin back too after four weeks away . But I know my son's ain't impressed . I could be back self employed next week !!!

To cap it all even asked me to talk him through it....which I decline with a f**k off, it's idiots like you that are messing it up for the good lads! If you want to learn get with a decent team and learn. Don't skip that bit out! no wonder good teams are staying away!!!

Oh and he doesn't even know the difference between mono and acrylic or silicone!

And breath......ahhhhhhh

60/70 m2 front and back =£ 3.50m2 ,beading you have to give it one coat, meshing etc, you and a labourer that's hard going mate. 2 in 1 gang and 2 houses a day and its still a struggle on those prices!

I wouldn't mind having a crack at it only ever done standard s&c but wouldn't want to take 1 house on let alone 10 a week

What product?

Some systems require the second coat be done the following day so for 210 you would be looking at 105 per day before tax to bead then mesh and stress patch up and fully coat an mesh one day. Then the second day would be easier but you would need to get another house on the go in the afternoon.

Maybe you can coat up in one operation

Not as bad then if its to receive butter coat and dash so it don't have to be like a glass plate finish.

Still not a job for tradesman tho at those rates.

I worked on a site in blackpool early last year. Was a crap setup really. Worked in a team while I was learning. I could muck up and mesh but didnt learn how to top coat. It was too cold to put the stuff on so work was very intermittent. 6 quid a metre for base mesh and second coat. Boarders also got 6 quid a metre. Top coating paid 4 a metre.

Status
Not open for further replies.