Ewi concrete sills

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

Hello about to embark on my first ewi job looking forward to it.it is a retrofit and there is concrete sills which are too small also a big cold bridge,so was wondering about different solutions my plan was cutting flush with existing render and insulating and put new upvc sill over the top. He isn't worried about keeping concrete sill but thinks over sills look tacky cheers for any advice again appreciate it also if any one has any pictures of doing this would be brilliant thanks ian

Fit slate, or tile, or if the budget allows form new ones , overcills are tacky and can dumb down a good ewi job

Wetherby do a polystyrene sill with some sort of compound finish on top. Was well impressed compared to upvc ones. Also no cold bridging,

Wetherby do a polystyrene sill with some sort of compound finish on top. Was well impressed compared to upvc ones. Also no cold bridging,

This is interesting? Do wetherby sell to Joe Bloggs or do you have to be Wetherby approved?

Any links?

I don't know if they sell to joe blogs or not. These sills actually look like stone. Need an angle grinder to cut to the correct size. I'll try and get a picture to let you see them fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.