evolution paddle mixer

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 29624

Anyone use one of these? Cant really afford a good coolomix or eibenstock just yet but want something that will just tide me over for a year or two....will just be for mixing skim and hardwall and not massive amounts....if not anyone know of a decent mixer thats reasonably cheap?

Anyone use one of these? Cant really afford a good coolomix or eibenstock just yet but want something that will just tide me over for a year or two....will just be for mixing skim and hardwall and not massive amounts....if not anyone know of a decent mixer thats reasonably cheap?
B&q was selling a aunt bessy type mixer abit ago for about £80 I think..looked like it wud knock up a decent Yorkshire pudding

On my second evo mixer now, they're not bad for the money, same reasons as you lodan couldn't afford a collomix at the time! First 1 just stopped working halfway through a gauge, desperately needed another mixer, so down to the local screwfix to pick another one up. If i dies again i think i'll invest in a collomix!

On my second evo mixer now, they're not bad for the money, same reasons as you lodan couldn't afford a collomix at the time! First 1 just stopped working halfway through a gauge, desperately needed another mixer, so down to the local screwfix to pick another one up. If i dies again i think i'll invest in a collomix!
How much are these mixers ur buying? Ive had a mega mixer for 12 years and its as strong now as wen I first bought it..it cost £350..only new thing its had on it is a trigger..invest in a proper mixer its worth the extra money

How much are these mixers ur buying? Ive had a mega mixer for 12 years and its as strong now as wen I first bought it..it cost £350..only new thing its had on it is a trigger..invest in a proper mixer its worth the extra money
£89.....and unfortunately I don't have £350 to spend on a mixer.

I thought evolution cos i've had their chop saw for years and still going strong so hoping they are reasonably reliable.

I know, should have spent the extra on a decent mixer. I also had one of their chopsaws but skipped it, it kept slipping out of square everytime i used it. And my mate had their table saw which was a proper piece of s**t!

I know, should have spent the extra on a decent mixer. I also had one of their chopsaws but skipped it, it kept slipping out of square everytime i used it. And my mate had their table saw which was a proper piece of s**t!
Never had a problem with the chopsaw and used it a fair bit

Cheers lads sounds like its worth a punt, justget a decent paddle for it.

Eibenstock ftw, however if you want something cheap and only knock up a couple of bags a set, buy a vitrex, they're good value for money and nice and light.

Bought a new evo mixer, used it for 2 days while under pressure to get a job finished and the bastarding thing stopped working. The lad I pulled in for last few days of the job went and got his evo mixer and it done OK. He's had his for years without bother and to be fair, it is OK. I've had better thou, we used this other drill we had for years, could mix 3 bags like it was nothing, miss the thing :( Going to buy another decent one next big job I get because as of now, its just small jobs and I'm getting away with using my Hitachi chuck drill with decent paddle that's about 20year old.

Cheers lads sounds like its worth a punt, justget a decent paddle for it.
I bought one of these last year Lodan in 240v on offer at bnq for 50 quid bought it as a back up plus the fact I was fed up lugging knock down box about I use it all the time now changed the paddle cause the one that comes with it is naff I knock up 2 bags of skim all the time with it does the job but with dab and bonding only bag/gorilla tub as anymore you can hear it struggling [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 quid is pretty much standard from Europe you'll have to email them to arrange the delivery I've just got a collomix Xo4 it arrived in a week

Uk price are well over the top for tools I bought a sigma 10m9 which retail for £1600 over here I paid £850 plus £150 for express delivery on a pallet coz it weighs 56kg can't argue when ur saving £600

Uk price are well over the top for tools I bought a sigma 10m9 which retail for £1600 over here I paid £850 plus £150 for express delivery on a pallet coz it weighs 56kg can't argue when ur saving £600

Have you found anywhere that sells the dewalt d24000 cheaper than UK/Ireland. I've been wanting one for a while now but just can't bring myself to pay the money they want. 1250€ or 850£ if I remember correctly. Have 2 large sigmas, a vitrex and a plasplug. Great tools thou the sigmas weren't cheap either. The vitrex and esp the plasplug are great wee tools for small-medium tiles thou on big tiles they can be a challenge.

I bought my d24000 from pro tiler tools in the UK as I'd heard things about them having issues and didn't want to risk paying a big fee to return it to Europe

tmp_2186-20151104_060624-800397140.jpg

The sigma is a beast in comparison to the dewalt but they both have there uses tho the dewalt can be fitted bullnose blade for stone and I like the plunge cut on the dewalt for neich cuts in bathrooms but the sigma is my baby I'm gonna buy a sigma 9p which is the smallest version they do when my Norton TT200EM dies

U can get a smaller version of the sigma it's called the 9m6 which is more practical I use my sigma in domestic jobs all the time I just have the customer make space for me to set up with in a garage or spare room just sheet up and away u go the dewalt take up just as much room to be honest and makes more over spray out the back it's a messy piece of kit

Status
Not open for further replies.