Everbuild Opti-mix

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I tried this one but I'm yet to find a concentrated additive that I'm happy with and I've tried quite a few.

I have been useing the super concentrate plasticiser and have to say it;s good stuff and it has a controlled dosage cap.

The concentrated stuff works out quite a bit cheaper, says 1 litre is equivalent to 25 litres of normal stuff.

Cheers will do, it's just something I saw in the merchants today. Who stocks the sika stuff?

I tried the Sika concentrated waterproofer and threw most of it in the skip. I pay less than £15 for the Everbuild 3:1 and know it works. For plasticiser I use Feb DH on everything except white cement render because it's easier than anything else to store and use.

I use the opti mix for a base coat on tyro lean. only because of the salt inhibitor in it although I always also use a sbr coat first and this should stop salts coming through.

Other than that my lads don't like it, they prefer Feb Rendamix which we have used since the 80's without any trouble.

Ive tried them all and Wickes beat them all for performance and price, be interested to know who makes it for them.

i used it once found it far to strong, we cut it back to about 1/4 of what was recommended and the mortar was still to soapy:RpS_cursing:

Do you mean the concentrated stuff?

No mate normal strength 25ltr

I use the opti mix for a base coat on tyro lean. only because of the salt inhibitor in it although I always also use a sbr coat first and this should stop salts coming through.

Other than that my lads don't like it, they prefer Feb Rendamix which we have used since the 80's without any trouble.

I think you'll find that Rendamix wasn't bought out until into the eighties, before that they produced Febtite and Febproof which worked very differently from each other.

we bought some optimix but have never got on with it...

got some everbuild waterproofer and plasticiser and they are fine

No mate normal strength 25ltr

I think you'll find that Rendamix wasn't bought out until into the eighties, before that they produced Febtite and Febproof which worked very differently from each other.

Thats right, Febtite before it became rendamix. I found Febtite the better. Never got on with Febproof.

Thats right, Febtite before it became rendamix. I found Febtite the better. Never got on with Febproof.

Same as you mate, although Febproof was better for screeds as it didn't entrain air. I'm fairly sure the Febproof worked by making the mix denser if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.