Everbuild 406 / PVA / SBR Advice

Scamp Gruffalo

My old 1950's friable walls have been stabilised with Everbuild 406 and now no longer disintegrate when I rub my hand over them. I intend to skim these with Multi Finish but need advice as to whether I still need to PVA or SBR the wall beforehand, any sarcastic advice greatly received.

406 is a polymer emulsion. So its like a waterproof PVA but thinner and better penetrating the surface and binding it together. Will seal so when dry apply a watered down PVA and when sticky skim.

Now go Google the word penetrating

My old 1950's friable walls have been stabilised with Everbuild 406 and now no longer disintegrate when I rub my hand over them. I intend to skim these with Multi Finish but need advice as to whether I still need to PVA or SBR the wall beforehand, any sarcastic advice greatly received.
How long you been a plasterer?

Oi Oi, my 2 weeks and 1 day has so far consisted of learning a spreads terminology i.e heel, toe, hand board, spot board, float, scrim, speed skim + the essentials for daily banter including c***, w**k**r, t**s*r, scroat, d**k spl**h to name but a few.

My first official job with Fred the Spread starts in April, so thought I better get some new threads

Attachments

• Scamp - Copy.png
    Scamp - Copy.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 86
That was me. Used artex sealer for years and never had it fail. Found it recently at a building merchants for under £20 for 2.5lt and you can add water to it so it goes further