euromix cpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

Finished some large panels today and just wanted to recommend this gear it goes on like cream ,rules of great , and takes up well but not to the point where you can't work with it ,anyway just wanted to mention it as its not that very well known

Thanks mate but if it wasn't for simps and monkey I'd have got nowhere so thanks guys your a credit to this forum so keep it up .xx

it is good stuff and the machine loves it......used it on internal render at 50mm in places over old friable stonework with a latex additive first. Anyone fined it down after a one coat application by machine outside?

It's just a general purpose render but it's more traditional like. Used it for doing some patching in and it's really nice but I've never sprayed it

It went ok I think still not 1oo percent sure on cleaning process .took a few hours of and went to see ian gracie who is just up the road which is handy for parts etc ,tried to sell me a duo mix but it was covered in crap

I no I'm happy with my 300 works a treat I just ordered some more hoses and 3 phase cable seem good lads

Does anyone spray this on without a scratch first I was told be the rep to scratch leave to dry for a few days then top off

Ive got some literature from cpi and it says

designed for hand or spray application

use as an undercoat for a decorative finish(thin-coat)
maybe applied over expanded metal lathing
ideal with a wood float nap finish for painting

Also available in a new general purpose one coat formulation

Cpi ocr really wants spraying on in one coat because if you do a scratch coat with it first the top coat takes forever to go off.

pwi said:
Does anyone spray this on without a scratch first I was told be the rep to scratch leave to dry for a few days then top off

Cant see why you would leave for a few days? that rep was prob drunk. you can do an 8mm or 10mm overall thickness with these products depending on substrate so you can lash that on in one go no prob its got plenty of body

general purpose is meant for 2 coat, same as normal sand and cement

they do an ocr version which is bout double the price

I've slapped on some 15mm beads spraying out to 15mm isn't really a prob for a man on my talent !!!lol. But its weather this gear will take it or not ie will it slump and will the finish be effected

Ah we need to establish the terms.
I call OCR (one coat render) meaning stucco/sto level/weber ocr/ etc meaning their pre blended mortar. I usually call monocouche mono altough it is also classed as a one coat render so I assume euromix cpi version of OCR is their monocouche. where as their pre blended mortar must be called general purpose.
Now thats straight i can tell ya stucco and weber ocr (mortar) can go on in a one coat application

conclusion is i thought you were talking about straight render in the first place not mono. now i see that he meant mono. so the conclusion must be i need try out cpi to get all the names and call them all their full titles to stop the confusion of the conclusion that i could ov confused someone about the conclusion to the origonal confusion. i think

well thats what I thought I was generally talkin about OCR (weber) stucco build, cpi all being the same thing - blended mortar for render. and the fact that you dont need to scratch it on hence the name one coat render? then I tought cpi was the name of their through coloured mono (also a one coat). and they called their mortar general purpose? so were you spreading the mortar render product or a mono product?

cpi is and should be 2 coats, as grand says cpi ocr is a mono. if u do cpi in one coat its hard work coz it aint ment for that, it goes lovely with 2 coats and sets just right. wbber ocr can be done one coat coz its packed with additives to make it spray better so much so that it sets quicker making it able to be done in one. (brother-in-law works for webber)

Sorry mate but we find its nice doing onecoat and a nightmare doing 2. I am speaking about doing a scratch and leaving it for a day or so not doing 2 passes on the same day.

ive done 2 passes 2day and went ok and monday done a scratch and tuesday topped and it went f**k**g lovely, do u find it better than webber? i hate webber find it to fine to float have to power sponge it

I use stucco build on most jobs cos I find it nicer than webers ocr if i scratch stucco it would mean we were doin huge stretches of wall the next day cos it hangs like and you got more time to float a huge area but if it was a general elevation say a gable of a house it would be one coat on rule and floated up with a brew in the other hand. its good stuff

when ever we have done a scratch coat with cpi and left it a day its hung about and we ended up finishing next day. are you talking about inside naz or outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.