engineers the worst

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

over the years have worked for all kinds of people , but the ones who I find are the worst know it all / I would do it this way etc, are engineers followed by teachers , priced a job a few weeks ago for an engineer allowed for 5 bags of bonding put price in, he rang me back the next night said he would do bonding work as he had a bag of bonding in the house, would I mind , I said no knock yourself out ,remember I had allowed 5 bags, he then asked me how to mix it, so I gave him a new price skimming only, went to do job very very quiet subdued it had taken 5 bags and what a mess he had done of it, so anyhooooo got some extra work out of it putting right his work , but why do it in the first place, if I want a radiator taken off I get a plumber in I just would not tackle anything at all I know I could not do, but the thing is this is not the first engineer with this attitude seem to think they know it all

Try working for corporate lawyers, the detail the put into,texts and emails querying the minutiae ..

Yeah done quite a few jobs for engineers, they are very particular. And everyone one of them has bragged about having an engineers eye, whatever the hell that is.

In summary, they are a massive ballache.

I work to a thou oh an inch. Fu.ck off mate you're not filius fog. I work to the nearest mill and if it doesn't fit scrim will sort it lol

Lee works to the nearest pub

A good mate of mine who was a regular on this site until recently started out in engineering and then retrained as a spread. His work is second to none as regards quality.
Regretably he has had to return to engineering to earn a crust because customers are still happy to give out work to some scruffy knobend who can do it for peanuts. plastering 0 fly by nights 1.

I have the odd drink with a retired engineer, all he talks about is money and how he doesn't struggle.

Travelled and worked all over the world, 2 x houses with no mortgage, 65 inch TV, 10 weeks holiday in aus, 2 weeks in Tenerife, 2 weeks in Malta and 2 more weeks in Corfu.

Absolutely loved thatcher, best thing since sliced bread, he looks a bit out of place in a WMC in a former steel/pit town.

Nice enough guy but a bit of a ****** too.

Engineers..... lol

They can work to 0.0000000001 because they can shave bits off... lets see them put the metal back :) :)

Vvankers !
Best thing is most of the 'engineers' program a computer press a button and heypresto out comes concord !
Its like me going ina house and programming metal micky to plaster a house of i take all the ******* credit , t wats ;)

AHHHH Engineers I have done work for lots and lots of Engineers and in the time i spent away from spreading I worked in engineering and when people talk about chancers in the Plastering game I can assure you there are just as many in Engineering.
Now while Engineers may be able to work to .0001 of a mm what they always fail to mention is that it is a machine producing the end product and they always fail to mention how many parts they threw in the scrap bin before they got the first one right. If anyone ever thought about getting out of plastering and your young enough have a bit of intelligence engineering is a lot easier on the body and a much better payer in terms of physical effort. Of course you have to be able to suffer standing at a machine for 8 to 10 hrs a day in a dirty crappy oily workshop but, get a start with the right company and you can start earning anywhere from £12 up to £40 in some cases. :RpS_thumbup: Trust me you would never ever work as hard in a CNC machine shop as you would Plastering or Building

LOL, best thing I find with engineering types is to strike up a conversation about money ("Hmmm, that looks expensive gear you're using - I can tell you're not one to cut corners") and before long you have them where you want them, then BANG hit them with your price and then "But if you can't afford it there are other plasterers around these parts"...........Usually does the trick and then just exclude them from your working area. :RpS_thumbup:

But of course this fella was a leg end :RpS_laugh:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ON-7v4qnHP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It would be too ironic to show you how to load a youtube video on this thread so I'll PM ya :RpS_laugh:

LOL, best thing I find with engineering types is to strike up a conversation about money ("Hmmm, that looks expensive gear you're using - I can tell you're not one to cut corners") and before long you have them where you want them, then BANG hit them with your price and then "But if you can't afford it there are other plasterers around these parts"...........Usually does the trick and then just exclude them from your working area. :RpS_thumbup:

bubbles, any corporate lawyers in wigton, cleator moor, silloth, Whitehaven you ever worked for , or maybe raffles in carlisle

It would be too ironic to show you how to load a youtube video on this thread so I'll PM ya :RpS_laugh:

Ya kna wot it is i can do all sorts of stuff with computer program's from autocad to 3D design write a cnc program's that can make just about anything but can i fook work out how to do a hyper link from youtube :RpS_laugh:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tekXxB6dosQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ya kna wot it is i can do all sorts of stuff with computer program's from autocad to 3D design write a cnc program's that can make just about anything but can i fook work out how to do a hyper link from youtube :RpS_laugh:

:rolleyes).........Howay man raggster ya lettin the side doon

haha funnily enough got a job on thursday guess what hes an engineer!! seems a nice enough bloke and didnt give me the usual i know everything he openly admitted he knew nothing about the building trade although his uncles a builder and has done some skimming there and feck me its as rough as arseholes ile get some pics of venitian done with multi and put them on :RpS_laugh:

haha funnily enough got a job on thursday guess what hes an engineer!! seems a nice enough bloke and didnt give me the usual i know everything he openly admitted he knew nothing about the building trade although his uncles a builder and has done some skimming there and feck me its as rough as arseholes ile get some pics of venitian done with multi and put them on :RpS_laugh:
Been to one myself today, tiling two bathrooms, was a really nice lady and didn't try to tell me my job,although she knew her stuff

over the years have worked for all kinds of people , but the ones who I find are the worst know it all / I would do it this way etc, are engineers followed by teachers , priced a job a few weeks ago for an engineer allowed for 5 bags of bonding put price in, he rang me back the next night said he would do bonding work as he had a bag of bonding in the house, would I mind , I said no knock yourself out ,remember I had allowed 5 bags, he then asked me how to mix it, so I gave him a new price skimming only, went to do job very very quiet subdued it had taken 5 bags and what a mess he had done of it, so anyhooooo got some extra work out of it putting right his work , but why do it in the first place, if I want a radiator taken off I get a plumber in I just would not tackle anything at all I know I could not do, but the thing is this is not the first engineer with this attitude seem to think they know it all

Hector when you put this up , i thought ey ey he's been reading too many of asifs posts, then boom , four in a row this week , "i'm an engineer , i've got an eye for detail " it must be the first sentence they teach em at engineer school !!!!!!!!!!

Hector when you put this up , i thought ey ey he's been reading too many of asifs posts, then boom , four in a row this week , "i'm an engineer , i've got an eye for detail " it must be the first sentence they teach em at engineer school !!!!!!!!!!

warrior,strangest thing happened this morning, on another job plastering a staircase, sweat pouring out of me, heard a womans voice shouting hector,hector, scrambled down off the baton went downstairs and it was his girlfriend ,she had come round to apologise and was very sorry about his attitude,

warrior,strangest thing happened this morning, on another job plastering a staircase, sweat pouring out of me, heard a womans voice shouting hector,hector, scrambled down off the baton went downstairs and it was his girlfriend ,she had come round to apologise and was very sorry about his attitude,

So, .. did you ...

did that job today for the engineer was going along great about 10 i sat down to av a bit of grub n i heard BANG !!!!so i shoots downstairs thinkin some git is tryin to kick the front door off no one was there so off i went back up 2 seconds later BANG !! BANG!! i thought what the feck is goin on so i shot back down and went into the kitchen to find all the coving on the floor haha and then it happened in the livingroom aswell when the bloke came back he was goin mad on the phone when he came off i said all ok mate ? he then tells me his builder uncle did the coving and its the second time it had come down in 3 weeks ffs i didnt get chance to take pics of the plastering hes done but its shocking the bloke then said i wish i had got you in from the start just shows dont it

Status
Not open for further replies.