Energy companies

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rendit

Well what should have been a welcome influx into our industry (green deal) has been totally ****** up by the energy companies ******* useless they they've come into our industry with no knowledge or experience and basically totally ****** it up. It's all just leaving a bad taste in my mouth

Well if you had sen thru what I've been thru with them you'd feel the same mate. Back to doing commercial work again. They can keep all the social housing unless it gets organised and some standards brought in

How about we test the clout of this forum then? Let someone write to the government minister responsible for the green deal - with a copy sent to the newspapers too - outlining the failings of GD in it's current format. I suggest Plasterjfe, Warrior or Owls :RpS_thumbup:

How about we test the clout of this forum then? Let someone write to the government minister responsible for the green deal - with a copy sent to the newspapers too - outlining the failings of GD in it's current format. I suggest Plasterjfe, Warrior or Owls :RpS_thumbup:

"Clout of this forum", you're fecking funny Al I'll give you that. Just because Speedskim reduced their meterage claims don't get carried away. Christ BG don't even bother to respond to any moans or questions about their products, and they're a sponsor.

"Clout of this forum", you're fecking funny Al I'll give you that. Just because Speedskim reduced their meterage claims don't get carried away. Christ BG don't even bother to respond to any moans or questions about their products, and they're a sponsor.

you would be shocked if you knew who i knew ;) You would be very surprised who is actually on the forum looking in Andy this place has a louder voice than you give it credit for and its getting louder and louder.

you would be shocked if you knew who i knew ;) You would be very surprises who is actually on the forum looking in Andy this place has a louder voice than you give it credit for and its getting louder and louder.

I dont think your mate render systems is gonna change anything. Unless you've got 2 mates?

Well if you had sen thru what I've been thru with them you'd feel the same mate. Back to doing commercial work again. They can keep all the social housing unless it gets organised and some standards brought in

Money is there from Utilities, and GD will prosper(eventually)..... A lot of social housing schemes are poorly run and grossly mismanaged...it doesn't mean you every scheme out there is poor though.

Is this about the interest rates on the loan? i was reading today the ten grand you borrow and the interest you pay over 25 years comes out at around 20+. OH and beddy your right it was render systems and he is the only one :(

flynny this isnt about interest rates its about one industry taken over by another and that other not having a clue about industry standards not just quality either not getting payed thru the windows fair enough but when you dont get payed for putting starter track beads reviels etc its a pisstake there now telling you all windows and doors have to be mastic sealed for nothing its all in with the price. well its not for me dont know what the crack was with render systems either just know what been said on here ive been off it for ages now seems a bit clicky but hey yu get that its probably just crack.anywqay back to green deal dont think any of us are going to get rich out of it so im sticking to my commercial work i lost a load of cotacts due to this socalled boom in our industry but thankfully im slowly getting them back hope you guys have more luck than i had

Well what should have been a welcome influx into our industry (green deal) has been totally ****** up by the energy companies ******* useless they they've come into our industry with no knowledge or experience and basically totally ****** it up. It's all just leaving a bad taste in my mouth

I was saying things like this 12 months ago

of course I was fitting EWI a decade ago so I know what the industry used to be like but it was always going to happen. as far as introducing standards go haha there has never been more in the way of quals and acreditations and guidlines before you can install but yes your right the point has been missed and all the regs aint working - I have seen some shocking things in the last 12 months in the run up the the GD.

anyway its not as bad as I first thought if you chip away and get yourself into a half decent situation you can get some of the work. Make your intentions clear from the off on what you want and what you are going to deliver and there should be bit there.

I was saying things like this 12 months ago

of course I was fitting EWI a decade ago so I know what the industry used to be like but it was always going to happen. as far as introducing standards go haha there has never been more in the way of quals and acreditations and guidlines before you can install but yes your right the point has been missed and all the regs aint working - I have seen some shocking things in the last 12 months in the run up the the GD.

anyway its not as bad as I first thought if you chip away and get yourself into a half decent situation you can get some of the work. Make your intentions clear from the off on what you want and what you are going to deliver and there should be bit there.

the main problem with the green deal is the lack of publicity, for instance the scheme is implemented tomorrow, how many lads on here knew that.
you ask joe average on the street about it and the majority havent got a clue about it. Also the loans made available for private individuals are attached to the property so when you move it stays with the house, which is crackers.
It needs to be clearer defined for joe public,
especially for lads on here, as if there wanting a part of it on here in the domestic market,ie one off jobs for mrs jones and not multipul houses, the public needs to be clued up on grants etc availabe and detais of assessments of properties.

With the current goverment changing the construction minister again recently, construction doesnt get fair attention, if we are to get out of the downturn it needs to be through a boom in constuction in order to get the economy back on track, the green deal has the potential to do this but as most goverment schemes it seems poorly managed from the top downwards.

The green deal has the potential to generate a lot of work for plasterers/renderers for many years to come, but it needs to be managed correctly.

Last edited:
the main problem with the green deal is the lack of publicity, for instance the scheme is implemented tomorrow, how many lads on here knew that.
you ask joe average on the street about it and the majority havent got a clue about it. Also the loans made available for private individuals are attached to the property so when you move it stays with the house, which is crackers.
It needs to be clearer defined for joe public,
especially for lads on here, as if there wanting a part of it on here in the domestic market,ie one off jobs for mrs jones and not multipul houses, the public needs to be clued up on grants etc availabe and detais of assessments of properties.

With the current goverment changing the construction minister again recently, construction doesnt get fair attention, if we are to get out of the downturn it needs to be through a boom in constuction in order to get the economy back on track, the green deal has the potential to do this but as most goverment schemes it seems poorly managed from the top downwards.

The green deal has the potential to generate a lot of work for plasterers/renderers for many years to come, but it needs to be managed correctly.

This will never happen under tory govt - they have never been good for construction and the current lot are not good at anything at all (ref; how bad the GD has been handled) so don't hold your breath matey

GD has people within the industry buzzing because everyone is desperate for anything but beyond that its no big deal because of the reasons you mention.

ha green deal on the welsh news tonight at the rockwool training room....made a change from the usual cat up a tree story. Then cut to the local correspondent who speaks to Trev from the valleys, he raves...........'dyyyywwww my eating is on nothing like before see, well it is winter like, but good god there's ellll of a difference mun, know what I mean butt..?'

Will have PAS2030 through this month Jasper (what a carry on)

websites are not useless either as they attract business and they all point back to me

Its all ballcocks, Steve!

RE: Websites, I personally would invest in one decent one, no offence , but those on the link were awful.

Also GD assessors and providers will provide you with leads not your website, unless of course you are also the provider or assessor!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.