Employing a labourer (or bucket bitch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackospread

Hi guys. I'm thinking of employing a labourer as I'm doing a lot of my own work now and wanted to know how you guys use your second pair of hands to benefit your day and how you pay someone when your a subby. Cheers.

Unless they can spread or you can get gear on really quick they just may not be worth it or you can build his pay into the price.

I just use mates who are subbys when I'm busy & vice versa.
Just get an invoice off them.
Personally i'd much rather pay a spread for a day/week/whatever than a lazybourer. :RpS_biggrin:
But if you can afford to pay a labour full time go for it, if not just get the help when needed. :RpS_thumbup:

i am astonished you have just called a labourer a bucket bitch. they are real people u know, and have feelings. next thing ul be telling me ur gonna make him make u tea

How do I go about paying a spread or 'lazybourer' (lol) when I'm stopped at source and not gross payment on contract work? What's the procedure. Cheers.

I know a 37 year old bitch who I pick up sometimes to take to jobs and he makes a coffee in a insulated travel mug in the morning to give to the other plasterer who employs him when we all meet up on site. :RpS_confused:

Some people take the pizzle. Funny though.

How do I go about paying a spread or 'lazybourer' (lol) when I'm stopped at source and not gross payment on contract work? What's the procedure. Cheers.

personally i get paid gross which is easier. depends how u work etc. if u do domestics and get some cash, then i would chuck a lot of it his way. stops paperwork. then get some cheques made out to him also.

if ur on site or always paid legit, then i woulf first apply to go gross payent. u need to turn over about £30k as far as i remember. but that aside, with ur current situation, get him self employed, get him verified and urself registered as a contractor. so u do a job worth 1k. you owe him say £250 gross. u get stopped at source £200. so u got £800. you then pay him a cheque for £200, and send the £50 off at the end of the month to hmrc. the £250 then goes down as an expense on your business and u claim it back when u do your return.

so in effect, you should have earnt £750 gross £600 net after paying him in full. but u will only have £550 net. you then put down £250 expenses to labour and u claim back the tax which is £50

Status
Not open for further replies.