EML pricking up coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Alreet lads,
OCR a small timber framed extension, I'm planning on using sand/cement for the pricking up coat of the EML but getting conflicting advice about using rendaid as the pricking up coat, Just wanted the general consensus from the lads that use OCR all the time as to the best method to use as my knowlegde of OCR is limited.

Cheers:RpS_unsure:

you wouldnt use rendaid as a prick up coat mate its a term used for your first of 3coat system priciking up means it gets right behind gets a grip if you like as in eml or lats on a ceiling then that has to set or pickup before any further coats

Happy with that lads....... sand/cement it is... does the weather this time of year effect setting times with OCR as it does with normal render??

He supplies all our ganja man
afro.gif

Yeah the blow torch was one of my better ideas ...... works a treat and is now an essential part of my winter work outfit :)

OCR If it's Webers is good in summer for a one day spread but you will be chancing it at the moment. I would go for two coats or try putting frostproofer in that has worked for me. Wickes frostproofer will accelerate the set but if you put too much on too thick it may well craze.

OCR If it's Webers is good in summer for a one day spread but you will be chancing it at the moment. I would go for two coats or try putting frostproofer in that has worked for me. Wickes frostproofer will accelerate the set but if you put too much on too thick it may well craze.

Yes it is weber,Just have to go sharp the next day and rub it up

ocr is sand and cement in a bag pral m is a scratch back monocoche render your post is confusing if its ocr just prick up with it and use on the next coats you said you were gonna use sand and cement to prick up with then use ocr they are the same stuff ocr is just prebagged

My mistake... its weber pral.... i thought all coloured render was OCR... clearly its not.. I did say at the start my knowledge was limited.. cheers for sorting me out gibbo :RpS_thumbup:

you will need webers backing coat then and fully meshed with fibre mesh as they wont like you putting it on eml because it will crack

yes and i would put some sbr in it or use rendaid to prick up with just mix it stiff gonna be pricey though or get them to change to a cement board instead of eml

I dont why you would even bother with SandC for the first coat then switch to OCR ? seems a waste of time to me

sorry mate just realised you got ocr mixed up with the mono.

On this type of thing i normally use render paper then eml and a latex additive in the backing render, after the eml is filled i lay fibre mesh and also, then comb it. mono onto that when dried out

I rung up Weber about putting Pral.m on a bay a bit back and they didn't recommend it. But putting something like their Weber.therm.XL would be better it would be a different shade being a different batch so wouldn't work either. Off the record they said board the bay out with ply. Building paper then expanded metal tight as then a scratch coat of OCR or pral.m and let set. Bed mesh into the surface. Putting some fibre mesh in would help.

sorry mate just realised you got ocr mixed up with the mono.

On this type of thing i normally use render paper then eml and a latex additive in the backing render, after the eml is filled i lay fibre mesh and also, then comb it. mono onto that when dried out
Does the combing not grin through the mono?

Nice one werent questioning Gary just never done it before ime sure Plaster knows his s**t.

I rung up Weber about putting Pral.m on a bay a bit back and they didn't recommend it. But putting something like their Weber.therm.XL would be better it would be a different shade being a different batch so wouldn't work either. Off the record they said board the bay out with ply. Building paper then expanded metal tight as then a scratch coat of OCR or pral.m and let set. Bed mesh into the surface. Putting some fibre mesh in would help.
Stumped up the extra coin for some mesh today after gibbo and yourself mentioned to use it.. rather that than have to do it all again if it cracks and start crying into my pint !!!!!!!:RpS_thumbdn:

If your using EML I hope youve got stainless steel lath and not galvanised, daft one I know but make sure you use stainless fixings too :RpS_thumbup:

Put a tight coat of sand/cement on today for the pricky up coat and it started slumping all over the gaff.. F**K knows what it looks like the morn.. Just hope the weber mesh saves me when i put the mono on......:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.