eml over painted heavy tyrolean

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

got a job to price.around 170m2 of sand & cement over a painted tyrolean surface.is it recommened to use rib lath or standard eml? also the tyrolean is rock hard,hav`nt got a clue how long it will take to fix each sheet.how many fixings are advised in each sheet? i was thinking around 8.cheers

Did one the same this year mate you will probably need more than 8 fixings but i know that the sheets of EML kinked a bit so a thick first coat was needed. Bead up after the scratch coat (except drip bead) WASHED SAND all will be fie.

Just power wash it down and render right over the top, you have plenty of key from the roughcast. If your felling fruity use some decent mesh in your second coat

I would agree with rich but i would use sbr slurry which pretty much sticks to any thing and fibres in the scratch coat.

I think the question is the paint if you cant get it of you may need to EML. Rich it may be rough cast but the paint is the week point.

If the customer is demanding eml or riblath then can you hire a hilti GX120? It a gas powered nail gun. No problem fitting wire or beads with one of those. You could sbr slurry and then scratch coat with mesh embedded. If the customer concerned about blowing then use those mushroom headed pins to secure back the mesh. A bit over the top but it would give assurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.