Efflorescence problems

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this works Liam, it will by the way, you will have saved yourself 2 visits from a clued up plasterer prob costing £300 or whatever currency they use up north. Maybe you could give a £20 maybe donation to a cancer charity of your choice ?
That's a great idea thnks; I will. I've always been impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone in this forum. Could have got original plasterer back to fix this but given what he did the first time I'd rather trust myself to do a better job!
So have brushed salt neutraliser on day before, done it again last night 50/50 with water, then rendered s/c (with waterproofer + salt preventer mixed in). Scratched up. Waiting for it to dry then will skim it, mist paint it and finally wallpaper. Then maybe I'll have a bedroom to sleep in again!?

Waiting for cement to dry out fully before skimming, been around 6 days so far is this normal? Seems to be taking a while. The waterproofer admix i added did have a retardant in.
image.jpg

I render over damp walls quite often, (damproofer) usually takes about 4/5 days, sometimes a little longer, as long as your getting dry patches in the render it will be fine, if it stays green and goes furry then you should be considered.

Great thanks guys. It's almost dry throughout apart from one bit which was the main spot of damp /Efflorescence so will give it until early next week then skim over and post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.