Effing SBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK

I'm an sbr newby...

Have been using sbr up to a meter high on solid stone Walls after injecting dampcourse, then the gaffa wAnts the Walls dabbed and skimmed.
Have been finding it pretty hard to get the sbr to stick to the stone when the Walls are all over the place. Have brushed off and wet the Walls down, and have tried mixing the sbr up a little wetter than recommended, which seems to help a little.

Any tips? How do you do it?

Cheers

If your using sbr slurry, two coat it then give it a scratch of sand & cement when tacky, then dad over the sand & cement, I'd a thought you'd have a job getting dab to stick to sbr once it's set, goes to like a plastic sheet.

if the walls are that bad try putting a scratch coat on follow the shape of the walls roughly then leave it a day and then float it out you should have the key needed to get them plumb .

Cheers guys. Think I'm just annoyed with the state of the Walls to be honest. It's fine to use on brick. Will just have to build it out. Just got a bit frustrated today so thought I'd quiz you guys for an easy fix. Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.