eBay wars

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyb

Just surfin eBay lookin for any plastering related bargains as you do and can across some clown advertising reskims for 100 including mats! Muppet, send him a nice email any how to say hello

Fair play to him I'm starting domestic soon site works dead all the lads I've been chatting too are doing the same were all happy with a oner a day it covers daywork

Fair play to him I'm starting domestic soon site works dead all the lads I've been chatting too are doing the same were all happy with a oner a day it covers daywork

Try France. French want 275 euros a day. Matls provided by client. My neighbour is a roofer I asked him to about roofing work he said he is busy till November. All the French tradesmen seem overloaded with work. English over herewould probably put you up and feed you as well.

to be fair companies do it i dont agree with it but just having the balls to do it lets say 100 per day minus about £30 for materials and take off petrol your looking at picking up £60 forget that its just not worth it i would work for £100 a day as long as they paid for fuel and materials

Yeah same here but not 60 on a domestic foooook that all that sheetin up and prepping be lucky if it doesn't take you longer and that 60 turns into 30

Not really companies are they if there charging a oner a day they've got to be a one man band, ally where are you getting 60 quid from?

This guys sed he'll skim a any room for a oner including mats, take diesel and dust off and it's 60

I'm doing the same tomorrow morning 14 squared meters onto board for a 100er inc mat. Start at 10 be in pub by half 1 watch the footy with the lads then out on a hot date at 6.

Sorted! ain't a bad life aye

ike i said i dont agree with it if your gonna do it for a oner yo wanna charge at least 150 for mats and diesel! thats a courser for ya....... 'i heard plasterers are on 100 a day' IDIOT!!!!!

Try France. French want 275 euros a day. Matls provided by client. My neighbour is a roofer I asked him to about roofing work he said he is busy till November. All the French tradesmen seem overloaded with work. English over herewould probably put you up and feed you as well.

There ya go spunkybreath, fkoff to france..............I'm sure the lads will have a whip-round for the ferry:RpS_thumbup:

There ya go spunkybreath, fkoff to france..............I'm sure the lads will have a whip-round for the ferry:RpS_thumbup:

you do we all plasterers and that mean we skint can afford the ferry cost but im sure we could all stretch to a rubber dingy :RpS_lol:

How can you all believe that someone will skim any room for 100 quid and you're trying to match him?

My mate just started his bathroom fitting business. Hes been a tiler for 22 yrs and done multi skill on social housing for last 5 yrs on social housing doin plastering and basic plumbing as well. So when he puts ad in local rag for tiler/plasterer he usually gets 2/3 calls a week and maybe one job if hes cheap.

Now he puts ad in for bathroom installation/tiling and plastering and the phone hasnt stopped for last two weeks and hes booked up for next 6/7 weeks. Cos hes gettin in earlier in the job now he gets all the plastering and tiling as well and can hide plastering price as he gives a "Total" price for all the works.

Still only early days for him but looks a lot better than what he was doin before.

On the subject of price we quoted £245 to reboard and reskim a 18m lid yesterday inc mats. Weve got no hope as someone round here will do that for half that price :RpS_cursing:

Spunky if your coming into the world of domestic , you will have no problem in getting a oner a day and more. And should your work be local to you then the old fuel bill will drop. For me at most I spend twenty £20 a week and really do not use that , I just like half a tank off fuel at all times. Start building up your scrim and screws of site , try and buy your beads in bulk so you get them for about 50p each as they are nearly £ 2.00 in wicks. Find a supply of masking tape at the right price again in wicks it's top dollar for what it is. You will need a good supply of tarps or sheets. You just have to sell yourself folks still have money for what they really want. Hey dont forget to tell them you render as well a lot of these re skimmers could not render to save there lives sad but true.

where abouts his he from? i might set him on if he only wants a tonne for a full room

I find my self telling prospective customers that it's not viable for me to go and look at skimming jobs any more as i can't compete with all the ex site and 3 day course lads so they ask for a rough idea over the phone as soon as i tell em it's " oh ok , i'll let you know" don't get much skimming at all, but if there is any dpc work, tanking rendering etc i always tend to get it, and if some one wants a quote for the building society or insurance i charge fifty quid for the survey which is refundable when we do the works, that is working much better for us and sorts the wheat from the chafe, and those who say well your add or website says free quotes then i give em a free verbal quote, saves me a fortune in time and stationary if they're time wasters

P1sses me right off that, when they use the 2 dearest quotes, pocket the cheque then get the job done on the cheap :RpS_cursing:

it does my head in when the site lads get and job slap it on over the weekend and charge hardly fcukall just so they can have a bit of spending money, they enjoyed the boom went out flashed the cash, got a bird, got a very overly priced house, got married, had some tin lids, agreed for the wifey to jack in her job. now its shite they work on a weekend to have a little cash in their pocket after topping their wage up and being able to pay for the MASSIVE negative equity mortgaged property, and alot of them dont give a s**t about the quality!!!!

You're so inexperienced arent you little sparrow you haven't got a clue about work or life I pity you

spunky your going into private work arnt you? you gonna do it full time or are you one of them i talk about in my last post?
i know nothing about life im only a babby :RpS_wink:

Me and as far as I know 6 others are all doing it were alright we only need a oner a day, if you think it's bad at the mo you wait a couple of months you prick :RpS_lol:

a tonne a day is bang on £500 a week and dont tell the tax man sorted:RpS_thumbup:
pmsl you have some lovely words! are you a vicar on the side too?
whats gonna happen in a few months?

Go for for spunk competion is good for business :RpS_thumbsup: and start doing dpc seen that riseing damp is a myth you will make a fortune, and what about getting the paint roller out another side line for you.:flapper: it's all good fun.

I do site and domestic and I never drop my price for domestic I just priced a ceiling 20m2 just a reskim £250 and got it, but at the same time I don't worry about it either as I will have work either way its the only way you can work in this climate.

private i price per day and not per m2! you wouldnt make owt if you priced per m2

Thats my point NPS I only price what I think a job is worth we do a lot of small bathrooms and kitchens for odd jobers and we always go in top heavy as thats just the nature of those jobs if they shopped around they could get it half the price we charge.

I do site and domestic and I never drop my price for domestic I just priced a ceiling 20m2 just a reskim £250 and got it, but at the same time I don't worry about it either as I will have work either way its the only way you can work in this climate.
'and got it', you say it like you didnt expect it (£250 for that size is a very good deal how much out of that will you take home?). Pointless talking to folk on here cos most think they are the best (not saying your not or owt) spunky says hes coming to the private side I cant wait for a couple of months time when hes struggling cos he cant hack it!!!

go spunky go your ace pmsl

Thats my point NPS I only price what I think a job is worth we do a lot of small bathrooms and kitchens for odd jobers and we always go in top heavy as thats just the nature of those jobs if they shopped around they could get it half the price we charge.
correct!! but because its part of a job they dont mind and maybe have had enough of looking around,,, they are the payers!!! £500 for a sink and the plasterer is only £450, thats a rate deal. Good for you and the customer is happy even if you have been ripped them off, think we have all been there on that one

For a ceiling that size which will only take a morning ( I work with another spread as well) we got pva in the van so thats out of the equation 2 bags of multi £10 tops worse case we have bond it which would be an extra £10 we get £120-£110 each for an easy mornings work............. I do a bit of work with spunky as well and he is a good spread he has given us a hand on a few of our domestic jobs.

'and got it', you say it like you didnt expect it (£250 for that size is a very good deal how much out of that will you take home?). Pointless talking to folk on here cos most think they are the best (not saying your not or owt) spunky says hes coming to the private side I cant wait for a couple of months time when hes struggling cos he cant hack it!!!

go spunky go your ace pmsl

Can't hack it :RpS_lol:

For a ceiling that size which will only take a morning ( I work with another spread as well) we got pva in the van so thats out of the equation 2 bags of multi £10 tops worse case we have bond it which would be an extra £10 we get £120-£110 each for an easy mornings work............. I do a bit of work with spunky as well and he is a good spread he has given us a hand on a few of our domestic jobs.
thats what im saying £250 for a ceiling that big is good !! i work by my self and that ceiling would have taken the same time for me to do so £250 for me alone, thats why i ask how much did you take home

but you said and i quote ' I just priced a ceiling 20m2 just a reskim £250 and got it,' you said it like you wouldnt! i wasnt knocking you i was thinking stint to ya guns and not slagging you off!!!!

oh and by the way i wasnt slaggin spunkys work off either!!! shame hes an arse who gets pissed all the time and cant get on with folk but thats not what we are on about right now

Status
Not open for further replies.