E17 Job - 20m2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhd

Looking for a plasterer for 20 m2 skimming new insulated plasterboard in E17, London domestic flat. Ideally Friday or Monday this week.

Have another small job next week in N1.

then fingers crossed a decent run in January in N18.

We fit internal wall insulation.

I've been paying £150 / 175 a day for plastering so far but these jobs are too far away for my usual plasterers.

Quality / polite with customers / good at tidying up after finishing just as important as price though.

Need to be OK with CIS. Payment will be same day once customer has OK'd work.

Can supply numbers for other 2 plasterers we work with as references for anyone who wants to check me out.

@bobby, do it myself? I just sit behind a desk in Sussex. I'm c**p at most practical things and that certainly includes plastering. A bean counter that started up a business doing internal and external insulation.

We have plasterers on our books but this job is too far away for them so it seemed like the right place to post.

We're a Green Deal installer. Its a great scheme, long term government thing. Oh, they've cancelled it all. Whoops.

Plenty of respect for those that can skim nicely though!

Hi @peterhd . Your guy phoned me yesterday asking for me to look at the job today (Friday ). I explained that I couldn't really take a day off work to look at a days work. I said that if he got your customer to phone me or vice versa, I would arrange with them to look at the job over the weekend, at their convenience. He agreed to text/phone me with the details but I never heard back from him.
Not a good way to conduct business I would have thought

Hi @peterhd . Your guy phoned me yesterday asking for me to look at the job today (Friday ). I explained that I couldn't really take a day off work to look at a days work. I said that if he got your customer to phone me or vice versa, I would arrange with them to look at the job over the weekend, at their convenience. He agreed to text/phone me with the details but I never heard back from him.
Swerve it now Irish

sounds like hard work to get a couple of days pay.

I have work Monday anyways but said I could do it on Monday, it only sounded like an easy 1 day anyways, just let me know. He never bothered. Oh well....

I have work Monday anyways but said I could do it on Monday, it only sounded like an easy 1 day anyways, just let me know. He never bothered. Oh well....
Defo sounds like a swerve! Did u want to look at job thought with it being 20m2 be better just turning up on day and bish bosh bash Job done in 4 hours..makes me laugh wen there expect you to go look at a job that small during week wen ur grafting

Defo sounds like a swerve! Did u want to look at job thought with it being 20m2 be better just turning up on day and bish bosh bash Job done in 4 hours..makes me laugh wen there expect you to go look at a job that small during week wen ur grafting

Yea I hate looking at jobs during the day. Doing domestic even with 2 sets by the time I sheet up prep skim and clean it's around 4pm finish.
If I shoot off between sets its an easy hour lost unless the other job is bang on next to the one your doing!
An I always try to spend a short time explaining what I'm going to do so it bodes better with client rather than in and out in a minute!

Yea I hate looking at jobs during the day. Doing domestic even with 2 sets by the time I sheet up prep skim and clean it's around 4pm finish.
If I shoot off between sets its an easy hour lost unless the other job is bang on next to the one your doing!
An I always try to spend a short time explaining what I'm going to do so it bodes better with client rather than in and out in a minute!
do mine Saturdays normally ,unless it is a near by job

do mine Saturdays normally ,unless it is a near by job

Yea I'll try an make Saturday's as easy as poss an early as poss so I can view a couple.

What I've been doing this year is looking at locals jobs on an evening or way home and anything over 20mins away I'll fit in to when I'm working that area.
I only cover Bristol so never more than a hours drive max.

Yea I'll try an make Saturday's as easy as poss an early as poss so I can view a couple.

What I've been doing this year is looking at locals jobs on an evening or way home and anything over 20mins away I'll fit in to when I'm working that area.
I only cover Bristol so never more than a hours drive max.
Pricing up is more important then the job you are doing ,as you have that one !lol

Plasterer peter!? Can u tell me wat u disagree with? A comment wud be nice explaining y u disagree..a 20m2 job is not worth looking at its a bag and half u look at it wen ur doing it or am I missing the point

@irish_spread. Sorry my guy did not get back to you. Its not how I would want to do business. I did ask him about you and he said that you didn't have time to do the work for about 3 weeks which was too long for us to wait. I particularly do not want to upset a Spurs fan as that is my missus' team and my second team. Playing some great football this year!

@irish_spread. Sorry my guy did not get back to you. Its not how I would want to do business. I did ask him about you and he said that you didn't have time to do the work for about 3 weeks which was too long for us to wait. I particularly do not want to upset a Spurs fan as that is my missus' team and my second team. Playing some great football this year!

Peterhd phoned today and apologised, offering more work which was fair enough. I'm busy for the moment so I couldn't help out. I didn't say anything about being busy when his guy phoned and definatly didn't say I couldn't do it for 3 weeks though

Peterhd phoned today and apologised, offering more work which was fair enough. I'm busy for the moment so I couldn't help out. I didn't say anything about being busy when his guy phoned and definatly didn't say I couldn't do it for 3 weeks though

He must have mixed you up with another irish spread, you all sound the same! :)

Nice of him getting back to you even if its been a month or two [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Promise to call back never calls back then says you said was busy for 3 weeks when you put publicly that you could do Monday,hmmm makes me wonder if you did the job would all this carry on be the same regarding payment? Customer hasn't seen it,cheques in post lady who does wages ain't here at min you know the same sort of stuff a lot of us have had to deal with over the years,but he did call back

Status
Not open for further replies.