dye in pva.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello lads hope u are all well. got an empty house reskim starting tomorrow.,got a lad pva'ing ahead of me, was thinking on putting food dye in the pva save him missing anywhere, anyone done this? any affects?? set faster slower weaken the pva?
any advice would be appreciated thanks lads

wot a twaz ,tell him to put it on methodicaly mt
itll be fine then, food colour will dye the finish paint work

Yeah i agree i wouldnt use food colour just make sure the lad gives it 2 good coats and you can see the missed areas quite easily if you look.

a mate of mine put red food colour in the pva skimmed the room out looked great until the painter started putting white paint on everything the colour kept bleeding through the paint lets just say he wasnt best pleased !

just do it yourself inbetween trowelling up, save you paying him to do it, if hes your lab then get him to do it just before you mix up

i used to put a bit of emulsion paint in mine so could see the thicco labourer never missed anything as nowt worse than getting suction in sections of big walls where the t%at missed

Look mate why not prime with artex sealer and skim at least you will see what has been painted.

do you get the lab to paint all the walls well before you skim?
i wouldnt pva the walls untill just before i mix up (sometimes i give it a coat before then another just before i mix, depends on how dry the wall is), if you do it the day or days before it will be too dry and youll have a hec of a dry wall to skim

the best way to pva is to give it one coat 24hrs before at 5.1 then one of 3.1 before you start and let it go tacky you will get an even suction throughout

Status
Not open for further replies.