Dull Day today

Members online

Yo multi turd what can I say ? A few of them bricks don't look straight but hey I'm not gonna sit here picking fault in photos, top job mate

I cant see no bricks in this pic. Are you sure were looking at the same pic :loco: If your on about he quality stone work, it doesnt matter if a few arent straight. Thats how one gets the rustic look skipper. Same with the few small gaps, thats how one gets the rustic look im wanting to achieve. In the wrong hands, it can look awful. :frio:

@hail hail looks really good, what's the rough sqm price?

Not enough tinytom!! This job, i made f**k all tbh with ya. It was just one of them jobs that everything went against me. It used to be excellent money untill the eastern Europeans killed it. They started throwing up all sorts of shite, brought the price per sq meter down and now everyone here expects us to match it.

Finally finished this started way back moths ago with 2 broken toes then also had to take a week off because fell of scaffold! Was waiting on the 2nd load to get dropped off so i f**k*d off to do a renovation then the 2nd load arrived 4 weeks later. I weighed back in 6 weeks after left. There was only supposed to be 2 loads arriving but when i was near finished the 2nd load, i noticed there wasnt enough stone! Clients forgot to tell me they raised the house up more from what i had priced from the plans!!!! f**k*d my whole schedule right up that one because had to wait another 6 weeks on more stone!! Took forever to finish the f**k*r and yesterday, i just couldnt wait to get out that gate!!

@Vincey , you love us multi traders skipper :rico:

View attachment 18548

View attachment 18546

View attachment 18547
Defo looks a top job and a true tradesman skill to do it,lap up the praise it's deserved mate

Not enough tinytom!! This job, i made f**k all tbh with ya. It was just one of them jobs that everything went against me. It used to be excellent money untill the eastern Europeans killed it. They started throwing up all sorts of shite, brought the price per sq meter down and now everyone here expects us to match it.
No way could an ex goat herder from Eastern Europe do a job like that

That looks a proper good job there mate. Puff the old chest out, walk tall. Be proud.
Well done, looks good, great post.

No way could an ex goat herder from Eastern Europe do a job like that

I know but the f**k**s here think if the eastern european bhoys are charging x amount for putting stone on a wall then we should too. Although i do get more than them, they have driven the true cost down because the ordinary person actually thinks im robbing them when i give a decent rate for myself.

Another one to call a multi turd lol tiled yesterday afternoon plastered a week ago.....
IMG-20170628-WA0013.jpeg
IMG-20170628-WA0011.jpeg
no wasn't rough the cupboard reveals gone done after and chipped the new paint hence filler.

I like what you did with the corners!

I love what you did to that building. But thank you, to be fair with a bit of time setting beads it's piss easy only have to worry about the little curves top and bottom. The cupboards were the arse as they will be flush fitting doors so had to set them beads accurately with the door on.

I love what you did to that building. But thank you, to be fair with a bit of time setting beads it's piss easy only have to worry about the little curves top and bottom. The cupboards were the arse as they will be flush fitting doors so had to set them beads accurately with the door on.

Nice work from you too. Is it a small hall?

Are you in Galway hail hail or am I mistaken ? We have a job with a bit of stone work in it if you were interested in looking at it

Are you in Galway hail hail or am I mistaken ? We have a job with a bit of stone work in it if you were interested in looking at it

Where abouts in Galway and when is it needing done and the million dollar question, are you going to pay me my worth :loco: All jokes aside thou, is there much in it?

Where abouts in Galway and when is it needing done and the million dollar question, are you going to pay me my worth :loco: All jokes aside thou, is there much in it?
Its in Moycullen , think there is a gable , chimney breast and another small wall beside the front door . I'll have a look for the meters tomorrow . Would'nt need it started yesterday but a start in the next few weeks would be good

I took another look at your work against that you put up and I will admit at first didn't see it but that bottom course on the garden wall looks bad compared to the work you produce,unless that is your work and your testing my reaction hahaha but defo the bottom course is shite

I thought that as well then thought sod it.... not a photo that @hail hail would put up

I took another look at your work against that you put up and I will admit at first didn't see it but that bottom course on the garden wall looks bad compared to the work you produce,unless that is your work and your testing my reaction hahaha but defo the bottom course is shite

Jesus dont be saying that! That second pic work is awful! Just look at the bond of the stones, motar beds between stones, stones in all different angles, snakes up the wall. Jesus i could go on more but i think you get the jist. This wall is f**k**g terrible and its wankers like that who built it that has killed teh prices. That is just stone lifted and threw in the wall as quick as possible. No shaping or thought has went into it at all. Listen, i hate slating peoples work because it looks like im blowing smoke up my own arse and would hate people to think i am but when i see people paying more for shite like that and i have to suffer for it, its really annoying! It just goes against everything in the rules of stone masonry! What that wall needsis a few scratch coats and floated up! lol

Its in Moycullen , think there is a gable , chimney breast and another small wall beside the front door . I'll have a look for the meters tomorrow . Would'nt need it started yesterday but a start in the next few weeks would be good

A jesus moycullen, c**t to get to from here. HAve to go down to galway then back up the around he lake or take the back raods through connemara, oughterd etc.. Lovely part of the country but a b*****d to get to and if ya hit traffic at 7.30-9.30 in the morning, then your f**k*d. Add another 45mins-an hour onto your journy! HAve you no stone masons booked in already. Youll do well to get a decent mason in in that quick of time. Most are all booked out! I wouldnt be able to even look at it untill jan/feb and i even know some masons who are booked out untill next sept!

Finally finished this started way back moths ago with 2 broken toes then also had to take a week off because fell of scaffold! Was waiting on the 2nd load to get dropped off so i f**k*d off to do a renovation then the 2nd load arrived 4 weeks later. I weighed back in 6 weeks after left. There was only supposed to be 2 loads arriving but when i was near finished the 2nd load, i noticed there wasnt enough stone! Clients forgot to tell me they raised the house up more from what i had priced from the plans!!!! f**k*d my whole schedule right up that one because had to wait another 6 weeks on more stone!! Took forever to finish the f**k*r and yesterday, i just couldnt wait to get out that gate!!

Must of been wearing f**k off stilts to get that high. Looks nice .

View attachment 18548

View attachment 18546

View attachment 18547

View attachment 18548

View attachment 18546

View attachment 18547

View attachment 18548

View attachment 18546

View attachment 18547

Thats looking well tidy hail hail you should be well chuffed wi that, a lot of folk probably dont know exactly how much work is in that mate. Couple of questions if you dont mind?? Where is the stone from? Its got a nice range of shades through it. Also, is that against a blockwork skin or is it like a surecav system?. Anyway, give yourself a huge pat on back from me cos that well tidy..

Thats looking well tidy hail hail you should be well chuffed wi that, a lot of folk probably dont know exactly how much work is in that mate. Couple of questions if you dont mind?? Where is the stone from? Its got a nice range of shades through it. Also, is that against a blockwork skin or is it like a surecav system?. Anyway, give yourself a huge pat on back from me cos that well tidy..

Yeah its tied into a block face. The face of the stone is 8 inch of the face of the block work anD backed up with a 4/1 motar. The gaps between the back of stone and face of block where tge motar is could be anywhere between mm's to 5inchs.

The stone is from a quarry about an hour away from me. Its highly saught after because of all the different colours. If I remember, I'll take few close pics of some of it. Beautiful it is!! The greener it gets, the harder it is. Its like steel ffs. The lighter brown it gets, its a gift to break. In the pics, there's still a serious amount of dust on it. You won't see its true colour until the end of next spring once it gets washed with the rain.

Yep, you said it, quite a lot of work went into it. I'm glad to see the back of it tbh.

A jesus moycullen, c**t to get to from here. HAve to go down to galway then back up the around he lake or take the back raods through connemara, oughterd etc.. Lovely part of the country but a b*****d to get to and if ya hit traffic at 7.30-9.30 in the morning, then your f**k*d. Add another 45mins-an hour onto your journy! HAve you no stone masons booked in already. Youll do well to get a decent mason in in that quick of time. Most are all booked out! I wouldnt be able to even look at it untill jan/feb and i even know some masons who are booked out untill next sept!
I have a Brazilian that can start but wouldn't be as tasty as your work there .
The client didn't want the stone when we started to save money but now decided he does want it so if we get a bit delayed with it i won't worry too much!

I have a Brazilian that can start but wouldn't be as tasty as your work there .
The client didn't want the stone when we started to save money but now decided he does want it so if we get a bit delayed with it i won't worry too much!

When hes finished it, pm me pics of it. Im curious to see a brazilians work in stone. How high is it and much per sq meter did he charge ya. Pm me it if ya want