Dryzone & Renderguard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a mate who has a damp wall to the rear of his terraced house, mouldy, wallpaper coming off ect. I was thinking off using this new dampproofing product dryzone http://www.safeguardeurope.com/products/dryzone.php as he's a mate and it'll save him money rather than using a traditional dp product injected. And hacking off lower walls internally and tanking some how.
Has anyone used this products or are they cheap because they don't work?

This to damp proofing what dot and dab has become to plastering , it's a peice off pppiiissss to do , make sure you hack off the defective plaster to at least 1200mm high and 200mm above the wettest point (so if it's damp up to 1400mm hack off to 1600mm etc etc ) applly a modified render incorporating a salt inhibitor etc (i use sovereign rendermix) and skim , easy to do mate just make sure you drill and inject the dryzone at the correct course level and up the vertical off any abutments that may bridge it

warr do you just inject it in ive got a small job comin up soon might have to use that stuff do you have to buy any special tools and just a case of rendering inside

What a load of bollox i tell you, rising damp my arse (mouldy, wallpaper coming off ect.) sounds like a condensation problem to me.

madmonk said:
warr do you just inject it in ive got a small job comin up soon might have to use that stuff do you have to buy any special tools and just a case of rendering inside
You drill your holes as you would for pressured injection and then squirt this stuff in with an applicator (bit like a mastic gun ) then render up as normal. But check every possible cause before carrying out this treatmant as 50% of the time it is condensation , bridging etc

Status
Not open for further replies.